Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday was the most poignant day of the year: the end of the summer's test cricket

Yesterday was the most poignant day of the year: the end of the summer's test cricket

It's always much worse than the end of the football season (even back when I used still to care about football), since the end of the football season at least means summer is about to start. The end of the test cricket schedule, on the other hand, means 6-7 months of hideousness before one can even think of venturing outside without wearing a minimum of two layers of clothing.

To sum up, then: Fúck winter. Fúck it in its inexorable, icy arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's always much worse than the end of the football season (even back when I used still to care about football), since the end of the football season at least means summer is about to start. The end of the test cricket schedule, on the other hand, means 6-7 months of hideousness before one can even think of venturing outside without wearing a minimum of two layers of clothing.

That is why one winters in India. Nice weather and cricket on the telly. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    That is why one winters in India. Nice weather and cricket on the telly. You should try it.
    It'd be all that white ball rubbish, though, wouldn't it? And they shít in the street, which is almost as bad.
    Last edited by Burney; 09-16-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Speaking of yesterday a pointless bunch of pricks scrape a 2-2 draw and jump around like heroes while the other team pick up the trophy on the pricks own soil.

Remind you of anything?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/3628573.stm
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

What kind of defeatist, furrin talk is this? Do you not love the changing of our seasons? The freshening of the air? The yellow, red and gold leaves on the trees in our parks and woodland? Jumpers for goalposts? The cosiness of the longer evenings? Ladies wearing knee-length boots?

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Speaking of yesterday a pointless bunch of pricks scrape a 2-2 draw and jump around like heroes while the other team pick up the trophy on the pricks own soil.

Remind you of anything?

I had to switch over to the cricket during the second half yesterday. Flicked back briefly in time to watch the pelanty go in and that was that.

Remind you of anything?

Without wishing to take the heat off England's shortcomings, to be honest I think Australia need to take a long hard look at themselves and ask how, despite having a much superior bowling options and the series' best batsman by a country mile, they managed to be only an hour or so more play at Lord's away from losing the series.

Remind you of anything?

That report is so biased to the spuds it is like a home programme
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    That report is so biased to the spuds it is like a home programme
    I can't see a mention of the small piece of history created that day either.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    What kind of defeatist, furrin talk is this? Do you not love the changing of our seasons? The freshening of the air? The yellow, red and gold leaves on the trees in our parks and woodland? Jumpers for goalposts? The cosiness of the longer evenings? Ladies wearing knee-length boots?
    For myself, I look forward to wild camping at Angle Tarn in January. Nice and cosy under a tarp.