Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John LeCarre no fan of Brexit.

John LeCarre no fan of Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    What would you expect? Le Carre has always been a limp wristed lefty

**** John Le Carre. **** him in the arse. Ass. Wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What would you expect? Le Carre has always been a limp wristed lefty

**** John Le Carre. **** him in the arse. Ass. Wherever.
    Not really. He's pro-security, a Tory, as I believe you call them. He's not a traditional liberal. He's long been a voice of reason in your country.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Not really. He's pro-security, a Tory, as I believe you call them. He's not a traditional liberal. He's long been a voice of reason in your country.
    We don't need fücking novelists as our philosophers. We're not fücking France. We have Radio 4 and the Times Letters page.

Still, I'd much rather have Michel Houellebecq than the US system of giving weight to the words of actors. Why on earth should I care what Brad Pitt thinks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    We don't need fücking novelists as our philosophers. We're not fücking France.
    I think you'll find that Comedians ("Comedians"), Television Presenters, Film Stars and various Bloggers are the leading authorities on political and economic commentary.

Authors have no say or sway in these matters.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    We don't need fücking novelists as our philosophers. We're not fücking France. We have Radio 4 and the Times Letters page.

Still, I'd much rather have Michel Houellebecq than the US system of giving weight to the words of actors. Why on earth should I care what Brad Pitt thinks?
    My Dad had a letter in The Times yesterday.......

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    My Dad had a letter in The Times yesterday.......
    Yeah, gizza the name and I'll have a look. I've had over half a dozen. One top right corner, a couple of bottom left funny ones, one got a reply from a Lord Mayor, one of my letters supported a Field Marshal and another ripped the Italian ambassador to shreds.

Or tell me the subject which letter down the order. It's civilised social media. They used to ring you up to confirm it was you before publishing. The guy who called had a voice so posh he made HMQ sound like a chav called Tracie.

Yeah, gizza the name and I'll have a look. I've had over half a dozen. One top right corner, a couple of bottom left funny ones, one got a reply from a Lord Mayor, one of my letters supported a Field Marshal and another ripped the Italian ambassador to shreds.

Or tell me the subject which letter down the order. It's civilised social media. They used to ring you up to confirm it was you before publishing. The guy who called had a voice so posh he made HMQ sound like a chav called Tracie.
    David Robins, there's some amusing replies to it in today's Times as well

Cheers. Will have a look.

That's wicked. Read both days.