Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Meddle is a fine album imo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Some mates had some Turbosound at the last Tekkie I went to in Italy, about a decade a go. It wasn't a big party so all the rigs got put together to just have once dancefloot.

The Turbosound stuff sounded so much louder and cleaner than all the others.
    and a very happy 909 day, of course.

or indeed

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    and a very happy 909 day, of course.

or indeed

Our first live sets were in the pre-808 days. A 606 drum machine connected to a 303 via some wire that was pre-MIDI. Just kept them in time. I'm sure in a later studio, an 808/909 sounded better. But when we just had our rhythm and frequency pwoppa London Underground acid, the 606-303 was perfect.

That was"Persons Unknown" {Huggy and Jay.} They thought Spiral Tribe how to play live sets.

{I had an MC-303 for a bit but I have no music talent. Still made a couple of people happy, including a business class lounge in Athens after our Emirates flights back from Ind (via Dubia) got diverted and all, incl. us plebs, were allowed into the business class lounge.

Plugged it in with a fourway and tiny 10w speaker on the floor. The suit reading the FT in the nearest seat was nodding his head along as I played a fluffy acid trance preset.

But yeah, those where what the musically skilled lads were using in mid-late '90s and early '00s, till laptops took over.

Is you musical, IUFG? I wish I was but am not, so my role was to help carry the equipment, set it up, and then start caning it. Please post liks to your music if you have any.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Is you musical, IUFG? I wish I was but am not, so my role was to help carry the equipment, set it up, and then start caning it. Please post liks to your music if you have any.
    My family are the musicians, gg.

I seem to have been left a struggling amateur. Whereas my daughter is pitch perfect...

I can get around a guitar (and therefore bass) and have a few hardware synths -current faves Bass Station II and a TB-03.
    Always struggled with drum machines and hardware sequencers. Ableton Live, Fruity Loops and USB controlled midi have been a godsend tbh.

I've uploaded a few patches, grooves and samples to various websites (Novation, etc) in the past but my attempts at songs are a long way off being worthy of publishing. Still, that hasn't stopped countless others...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

My family are the musicians, gg.

I seem to have been left a struggling amateur. Whereas my daughter is pitch perfect...

I can get around a guitar (and therefore bass) and have a few hardware synths -current faves Bass Station II and a TB-03.
    Always struggled with drum machines and hardware sequencers. Ableton Live, Fruity Loops and USB controlled midi have been a godsend tbh.

I've uploaded a few patches, grooves and samples to various websites (Novation, etc) in the past but my attempts at songs are a long way off being worthy of publishing. Still, that hasn't stopped countless others...
    What's the diff between this tb-03 and the 303? Just watched a vid. Sounds the same.

What's the diff between this tb-03 and the 303? Just watched a vid. Sounds the same.
    Different circuitry and Upgraded for the modern era, I suppose. midi and usb connectivity, on board effects, led display and a simpler step-mode programming feature.

Purists slate it, of course, but then not that many 303s are still around and those that are at c.£2K

Different circuitry and Upgraded for the modern era, I suppose. midi and usb connectivity, on board effects, led display and a simpler step-mode programming feature.

Purists slate it, of course, but then not that many 303s are still around and those that are at c.£2K
    Then why didn't they make it with the bigger dials, like they did with the MC 303 groovebox? I had one of those.

Then why didn't they make it with the bigger dials, like they did with the MC 303 groovebox? I had one of those.
    That would be my only criticism, it is as if Roland have tried to make all of the new boutique range, shoe box sized.

Still, they are battery operated if you wish and have built in (shít) speakers. Great if you want to go and sit somewhere and acid it out...