Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
That would be my only criticism, it is as if Roland have tried to make all of the new boutique range, shoe box sized.

Still, they are battery operated if you wish and have built in (shít) speakers. Great if you want to go and sit somewhere and acid it out...
That would be ideal if only I had the ability to write/programme an acid line. When I've played with a pro's 303, I've had hours of fun, cos the acid lines I'm twiddling are so good. But write my own? You might as well ask me to write a sonnet in Sanskrit.

First time I played with a 303, tripping on lots of top quality acid (perhaps Red Dragons?), I realised how little change to the dial you had to make to change the frequency. The smaller the change, the more powerful it felt.

By the end, I was just just touching the cut off freq or res knob with slightly varying amounts of pressure. Such small changes that I wouldn't been able to feel it if I'd been pressing my own fingertip, not the top of the knob.

And that why analogue's God.

Though I suppose if quantum mechanics is true, there must be a quantum of 303. A point at which the 303 switches from one quantum state (or string to another.)

Though tbh, it wouldn't surprise me if the 303 broke the rules of quantum physics and you could make analogue changes smaller than the smallest string. It certainly fücking deserves to.