Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
and a very happy 909 day, of course.

or indeed

Our first live sets were in the pre-808 days. A 606 drum machine connected to a 303 via some wire that was pre-MIDI. Just kept them in time. I'm sure in a later studio, an 808/909 sounded better. But when we just had our rhythm and frequency pwoppa London Underground acid, the 606-303 was perfect.

That was"Persons Unknown" {Huggy and Jay.} They thought Spiral Tribe how to play live sets.

{I had an MC-303 for a bit but I have no music talent. Still made a couple of people happy, including a business class lounge in Athens after our Emirates flights back from Ind (via Dubia) got diverted and all, incl. us plebs, were allowed into the business class lounge.

Plugged it in with a fourway and tiny 10w speaker on the floor. The suit reading the FT in the nearest seat was nodding his head along as I played a fluffy acid trance preset.

But yeah, those where what the musically skilled lads were using in mid-late '90s and early '00s, till laptops took over.

Is you musical, IUFG? I wish I was but am not, so my role was to help carry the equipment, set it up, and then start caning it. Please post liks to your music if you have any.