Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emily Thornberry was in good form yesterday.

According to the Office for National Statistics ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    What is it exactly that we export, anyway?
    The UK has the third largest economy in Europe, and according to the Office for National Statistics, Britain exported a huge £547.5 billion of goods in 2016. But almost half of those exports – 48% – went to Europe.
    And jellied eels mate ....fahsounds of 'em.

I dare say those figures are nothing more than the mischievous fabrications of lily-livered remoaners.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Pretty lively last night, wasn't it? I thought the Conservative MP chap came across best, Thornberry the worst.

If you took the audience reaction as representative, you would begin to think that the Leavers are growing in number and in the degree of their anger. I really, really, really would not want to go into the next election supporting Remain openly or even having a suspicion about me that I wasn't going to honour the referendum.
    Anger perhaps, but not number.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...hip_referendum

Every poll in 18+ months thinks we were wrong to leave. Even after BJ got elected, it's 48-41 saying it was the wrong decision.

In 18 months, there have only been a couple of ties and a couple of 1% would vote to leave leads. All the rest, and all the statistically significant ones, and the rolling average of all of the, shows more want to remain that leave. For 18 months.

They might be getting angry as it's not working out as they hoped, and their dolchstosslegende is starting. But enough people have seen how bad it's going to tip the balance.

Why do you think no Brexiter wants a 2nd vote? If they thought they'd win, they'd call one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Anger perhaps, but not number.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...hip_referendum

Every poll in 18+ months thinks we were wrong to leave. Even after BJ got elected, it's 48-41 saying it was the wrong decision.

In 18 months, there have only been a couple of ties and a couple of 1% would vote to leave leads. All the rest, and all the statistically significant ones, and the rolling average of all of the, shows more want to remain that leave. For 18 months.

They might be getting angry as it's not working out as they hoped, and their dolchstosslegende is starting. But enough people have seen how bad it's going to tip the balance.

Why do you think no Brexiter wants a 2nd vote? If they thought they'd win, they'd call one.
    Firstly, if we have learned anything over the past 3-4 years it is that you should take polls with a grain of salt. Secondly, Brexiters - quite rightly - don't want a second vote because they won the first one and it has yet to be implemented. You can read all you want into it but if you were in the same position you would feel the same way.

I would not under-estimate the anger felt by Leave and it's propensity to spread to those who either didn't vote or voted Remain but were not strong Remain voters. I voted Remain and I was ready to chin Thornberry, the SNP muppet and the Lib Dem slag last night such was their arrogance and the stupidity of their arguments.

If there is another referendum I am likely to change my vote, and I strongly suspect I am not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    If there is another referendum I am likely to change my vote, and I strongly suspect I am not alone.
    I think that's kind of the point. Not advocating a second referendum, but I am quite sure a lot of people will change their vote in either direction.

This thread is generally nonsensical. In the event of a second referendum, most people would agree with the result.

The one thing a second referendum might do is give people a chance to make it clear we couldn't give a **** about the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    We've had three years to make arrangements for post-EU trading. Any company that has failed to do so will be soundly beaten by those who have.

What is it exactly that we export, anyway?
    Arrogance and self delusion imo
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

With a little dash of xenophobia and being **** at football

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Arrogance and self delusion imo
    . . . . . . .