Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone educate me on brexit. I keep seeing stuff coming out from

Can someone educate me on brexit. I keep seeing stuff coming out from

Labour MPs about “no election until no deal is off the table”, but if an extension is granted and an election takes place after the 31st October no deal can be brought back to the table can’t it? You’ll just have another a few months pass by with the same bull**** about a back stop being removed/not being removed and then you’ll be back to square one with a deadline looming and the threat of no deal on the horizon (this all assumes a Tory majority of course but that’s what will happen).

What are Labour playing at?

Corbyn needs to be hanged for high treason. For the good of the realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Labour MPs about “no election until no deal is off the table”, but if an extension is granted and an election takes place after the 31st October no deal can be brought back to the table can’t it? You’ll just have another a few months pass by with the same bull**** about a back stop being removed/not being removed and then you’ll be back to square one with a deadline looming and the threat of no deal on the horizon (this all assumes a Tory majority of course but that’s what will happen).

It's not exactly clear what it is you don't understand - why Labour are entertaining the idea of voting for a General Election at *any* point after anti-No Deal legislation has been passed into law?

They don't want an election until No no deal has become law, then they might not want an election until Late November rather than next month....... it is so hard to call which is why financial markets are up and down more than Monty's mums knickers
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

The markets are up and down regardless of what happens p. Some genius will now tell

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    They don't want an election until No no deal has become law, then they might not want an election until Late November rather than next month....... it is so hard to call which is why financial markets are up and down more than Monty's mums knickers
    me that "markets don't like uncertainty" when it seems to me the finagling ****s postively thrive on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Corbyn needs to be hanged for high treason. For the good of the realm.
    The Bullingdon ****stain needs to be shot. Just for the pleasure of shooting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    me that "markets don't like uncertainty" when it seems to me the finagling ****s postively thrive on it.
    Traders thrive on it..... anyone looking to do a long term funding deal does not thrive on it as uncertainty drives investors away.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    It's not exactly clear what it is you don't understand - why Labour are entertaining the idea of voting for a General Election at *any* point after anti-No Deal legislation has been passed into law?
    I don’t get why they’re adamant about it being passed into law first when all it does is kick the can down the road. You get a new deadline and the same scenario next year. If it’s passed and they then have a general election the only way anything changes is if the Tory’s don’t have a decent majority which is quite unlikely given the way Labour have gone about this.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 09-05-2019 at 11:19 AM.

I don’t get why they’re adamant about it being passed into law when all it does is kick the can down the road. You get a new deadline and the same scenario next year. If it’s passed and they then have a general election the only way anything changes is if the Tory’s don’t have a decent majority which is quite unlikely given the way Labour have gone about this.
    It's all based on the policy of allowing time to kill off older voters who they believe vote leave, while bringing in younger ones who they believe will vote remain. Then they can be sure of winning the 2nd Ref which will of course be binding. If they win it.

I don’t get why they’re adamant about it being passed into law first when all it does is kick the can down the road. You get a new deadline and the same scenario next year. If it’s passed and they then have a general election the only way anything changes is if the Tory’s don’t have a decent majority which is quite unlikely given the way Labour have gone about this.
    It's just about inflicting as much damage on the Tories as possible ahead of an election through resignations (another today), defections, across the board condemnation of how Boris/Cummings are behaving and - crucially - Boris reneging on his unequivocal promise to take us out on 31 Oct.

The main damage being done to Labour right now is the charge that they are chickening out of an election. As soon as they vote for one, that charge becomes redundant. And then they can go into an election campaign as the party that will stop No Deal, rather than the party trying to stop Brexit.
    Last edited by Monty92; 09-05-2019 at 11:47 AM.