Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can someone educate me on brexit. I keep seeing stuff coming out from

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I don’t get why they’re adamant about it being passed into law first when all it does is kick the can down the road. You get a new deadline and the same scenario next year. If it’s passed and they then have a general election the only way anything changes is if the Tory’s don’t have a decent majority which is quite unlikely given the way Labour have gone about this.
    Because if it isn't passed into law when an election is called Johnson can dissolve parliament at that point and the law won't get passed prior to Oct 31 so we could leave with no deal at that point.

When Labour say that they want no deal off the table they really mean no deal off the table for Oct 31, they are prepared to campaign against no deal as part of an election once Oct 31 has passed and we are still in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's all based on the policy of allowing time to kill off older voters who they believe vote leave, while bringing in younger ones who they believe will vote remain. Then they can be sure of winning the 2nd Ref which will of course be binding. If they win it.
    That's a very cynical viewpoint, A. That being said; the votes should really be weighted towards those that will have to deal with the consequences.

All very well voting leave because you are a bit racist and/or retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    That's a very cynical viewpoint, A. That being said; the votes should really be weighted towards those that will have to deal with the consequences.

All very well voting leave because you are a bit racist and/or retired.
    A bit Rich for you to accuse others of racism tbh. I'm sure I recall you doing racisms on here.

What happened to wisdom, anyway? The people who voted us in in '75 have had longer to see how it works, and besides, no-one knows what the long term consequences of either leaving or remaining would be.