Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
I am badly conflicted. Any man that can keep Diane Abbot on his front bench is clearly deficient and the idea of a Labour government fills me with foreboding. But what is more important to me, more than the very fabric democracy, is that the Bullingdon club ****stain Boris fails.
Despite their Orwellian claims to be acting for democracy, if the Remainer MPs who have been desperate to stop Brexit and nullify the referendum get their way, then the fabric of democracy will have taken quite the rending IMO. That Lee fellow was elected by a Leave-voting constituency on a manifesto to leave the EU. What utter contempt he has for his constituents that he does the complete opposite of what he was elected to do, and joins a party who not only wish to ignore the referendum, but would ignore a second referendum too if that was won by Leave. And people dare call that democracy? War is Peace! Freedom is Slavery! Technocracy is Democracy!

As for the Labour government you fear - what is that you fear? Anti-austerity policies? Nationalisation? These are not allowed in the neo-liberal EU, so I'd like to see Jeremy's face if he tried implementing them. Perhaps he'd suddenly remember why he was a Bennite Euro-Sceptic for his whole career until he ditched it to cling on to his shadow-power.