Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So are you swivel eyed Brexit chappies just going to pretend nothing happened? Berni,

So are you swivel eyed Brexit chappies just going to pretend nothing happened? Berni,

if you would be kind enough to lead the fulminations?

If I may add a little fuel, did you see Diane Abbot while comrade Jeremy was delivering his very excellent evisceration of the scoundrel Boris? She was chewing away like a demented bovine. I think she may now actually be mentally ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post

If I may add a little fuel, did you see Diane Abbot while comrade Jeremy was delivering his very excellent evisceration of the scoundrel Boris? She was chewing away like a demented bovine. I think she may now actually be mentally ill.
    I've always had time for Ken Clarke, but it's come to a pretty pass when I'm looking at Philip Hammond and Fatty Soames as brothers in arms, and feel disgusted about the way their party has treated them.

Lord Fink in The Times today says its either No Deal or Corbyn. {Perhaps just to forgive himself for helping enable no deal, potentially.}

If that really is the choice, I hope this country gets nuked just after the glw and I have emigrated. You're more than welcome to join us in the Parvati Valley, Herbs.

He now can't get a deal as the ERG would refuse it and he'd have to sack them. The Tory party is now socially the Brexit Party, and economically hoping to ape American right-of-party Republicans.

Keef Joseph once explained to Maggie the difference between Conservatism and Republicanism. And I doubt BoJo, for all his 2nd class classics degree, would understand it.

How can a soi disant Conservative and Unionist be prepared to change the UK into four separate failed states just to hang onto power a bit longer?

Am i right in saying that 2/3rds of the house have to back a GE for it to be possible? And that they won't back it until the law to take no deal off the table is passed?

You've missed a minor detail, g.

On 23rd June 2016 the electorate voted on a referendum, mandated by parliament, to leave the EU.

On 23rd June 2016 every political party in the UK became the Brexit Party, for if political parties do not exist to carry out the wishes of the electorate, why do they exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Am i right in saying that 2/3rds of the house have to back a GE for it to be possible? And that they won't back it until the law to take no deal off the table is passed?
    Not exactly..2/3 of the house if he wants to bypass the fixed term...if he calls for a vote of no confidence then just a majority of 1 would be enough..... if he wants an election he is almost certain to get one, just depends how we get there
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You've missed a minor detail, g.

On 23rd June 2016 the electorate voted on a referendum, mandated by parliament, to leave the EU.

On 23rd June 2016 every political party in the UK became the Brexit Party, for if political parties do not exist to carry out the wishes of the electorate, why do they exist?
    The question was one or the other, so all this other deal/no deal* is all rather confusing.
    the public are mostly idiots either way so shouldn't have been asked.

*I am yet to figure out why Noel Edmunds is involved.

I will join you I think Ganpz. I assume that a free, anarchic spirit such as you

are will be glad to share his lady? She will find me a fiery and capable paramour despite my advancing years.

I thought old father Ken did an excellent soft slaughter of the reptile Rees-Mogg with his "how can he keep a straight face" tack. RM's discomfort was palpable.

I am badly conflicted. Any man that can keep Diane Abbot on his front bench is clearly deficient and the idea of a Labour government fills me with foreboding. But what is more important to me, more than the very fabric democracy, is that the Bullingdon club ****stain Boris fails.

I have encountered his ilk a few times since moving from trade into IT, an industry that attracts toxic charlatans like moths to the flame, and they will ruin a company and the livelihood of all who sail in it with their reckless posturing, safe always in the knowledge that their network will sort them out with their next adventure. I believe I despise him even more deeply than Sir Alex and possibly Mourinho.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    the public are mostly idiots either way so shouldn't have been asked.
    Spoken like a true, pleb-hating technocrat.

Ever thought of being an MP?

I am badly conflicted. Any man that can keep Diane Abbot on his front bench is clearly deficient and the idea of a Labour government fills me with foreboding. But what is more important to me, more than the very fabric democracy, is that the Bullingdon club ****stain Boris fails.
    Despite their Orwellian claims to be acting for democracy, if the Remainer MPs who have been desperate to stop Brexit and nullify the referendum get their way, then the fabric of democracy will have taken quite the rending IMO. That Lee fellow was elected by a Leave-voting constituency on a manifesto to leave the EU. What utter contempt he has for his constituents that he does the complete opposite of what he was elected to do, and joins a party who not only wish to ignore the referendum, but would ignore a second referendum too if that was won by Leave. And people dare call that democracy? War is Peace! Freedom is Slavery! Technocracy is Democracy!

As for the Labour government you fear - what is that you fear? Anti-austerity policies? Nationalisation? These are not allowed in the neo-liberal EU, so I'd like to see Jeremy's face if he tried implementing them. Perhaps he'd suddenly remember why he was a Bennite Euro-Sceptic for his whole career until he ditched it to cling on to his shadow-power.

Time to start making plans for the secret underground

Odds suggest Boris has the election in the bag but this new era of social media has seen a series of major betting upsets.

Komrade Korbyn is legit contender imo

#hailhydra