Seems a ridiculous decision to me
    Just seen that. I'm astonished.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Just seen that. I'm astonished.
    Not sure our tail will wag a whole lot more than docked Daschund

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Not against Starc on a quick pitch. Just need the top six to score loads

Seriously - hopefully if Starc is a bit rusty he might leak a few runs which takes the control they have away. Otherwise we need Root and Stokes miracle innings again

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Also looks like we'll only get 3.5 days play with half a day tomorrow and none on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I mean if you were looking for a like-for-like replacement (swing bowler + decent bat) you'd go for Curran, wouldn't you? Do they think Overton has something that will particularly suit him to OT?

Not against Starc on a quick pitch. Just need the top six to score loads

Seriously - hopefully if Starc is a bit rusty he might leak a few runs which takes the control they have away. Otherwise we need Root and Stokes miracle innings again
    To be honest, if you'd had a bet that someone was going to be dropped, all your candidates would've been from the top 6 batsmen rather than the bowling unit, wouldn't they?

Replace Woakes with a bloke with a test average of 42... WTF?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be honest, if you'd had a bet that someone was going to be dropped, all your candidates would've been from the top 6 batsmen rather than the bowling unit, wouldn't they?
    Indeed - I do think Woakes is off colour, whether a reaction to the World Cup or just to the injuries he's had (and presumably would have been the one to drop out if Jimmy were fit). I can see the sense in Roy dropping to four. Would be tough to bring in Sibley now - one only Championship game in a while and he got 0 and 4. Plus he is more of a sticker than a dasher - as much as we need those I think him and Burns would be a touch negative at the top of the order.

Pope will come in at the Oval should we lose and will definitely feature in NZ/SA. Possible recall for Ian Bell as well

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Replace Woakes with a bloke with a test average of 42... WTF?
    tbf not many bowlers out there who have even played a Test. Wood, Stone, Jimmy all injured. Actually a case for bringing Moeen back, just to have some experience. HANG ON - JUST REALISED SAM CURRAN IS IN THE SQUAD. WHY HAD I MISSED THAT