Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to take the Mrs away for her Birthday in March. Just a long weekend somewhere.

Going to take the Mrs away for her Birthday in March. Just a long weekend somewhere.

Any tips for that time of year? Was thinking the Scottish Highlands, potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Any tips for that time of year? Was thinking the Scottish Highlands, potentially.
    Will that not be awfully cold and wet?

I find Southern Europe is perfect for that time of year. A nice bit of warmth and sunshine a good month or so before we get it in our northern climes.

Faversham's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Will that not be awfully cold and wet?

I find Southern Europe is perfect for that time of year. A nice bit of warmth and sunshine a good month or so before we get it in our northern climes.
    Hmm, went cycling in Mallorca last March. The weather was awful. Perhaps the Canary Islands would offer more promise & I have never been there before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Faversham's nice.
    Risk of bumping into Monty knocking one out in his local butcher, though.

Also, Shepherd Neame

Hmm, went cycling in Mallorca last March. The weather was awful. Perhaps the Canary Islands would offer more promise & I have never been there before.
    The Canaries? Are they not crawling with our more chavular brethren?

The Canaries? Are they not crawling with our more chavular brethren?
    Yes.

Shame really.

Playa Blanca in Lanzarote used to be a lovely little port with a couple of beaches. You could get the ferry to Fuerteventura for the day...

Now it's been Tomas Cooked
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Risk of bumping into Monty knocking one out in his local butcher, though.

Also, Shepherd Neame
    I'm off down the souith of France for a long weekend and bástard BA have cancelled my bástard flights, haven't they?

My option was to re-book with Easyjet. Fúck that. I'm going to drive instead

I'm off down the souith of France for a long weekend and bástard BA have cancelled my bástard flights, haven't they?

My option was to re-book with Easyjet. Fúck that. I'm going to drive instead
    Does that not mean building in a couple more days?

I'm going to drive instead
    Fúck that.

Was there not an alternative from Schiphol?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”