Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where does AWIMB stand on Leno?

Where does AWIMB stand on Leno?

I think he's on a par with Lloris, which is perhaps not the most glowing recommendation.

If you're only as good as your last game, then not too great. Should have done better with their first and did a similar thing soon after ISTR.

But apart from that, I think he's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I think he's on a par with Lloris, which is perhaps not the most glowing recommendation.
    On his head or his balls, fúcking useless **** yesterday, generally ok though I think.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    He did a good save from Son, iirc. Obviously a bit of an issue with tipping the ball into the dangerzone but presumably that can be targeted and addressed on the training ground during the International Break (assume he isn't in the Germany squard).

Very good at playing sweeper keeper and gives a sense of calm with the ball at his feet.

When we sign our next keeper it will be proper one like De Gea, Kepa, Allison or Ederson (given our new and brutal regime).

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    He did a good save from Son, iirc. Obviously a bit of an issue with tipping the ball into the dangerzone but presumably that can be targeted and addressed on the training ground during the International Break (assume he isn't in the Germany squard).

Very good at playing sweeper keeper and gives a sense of calm with the ball at his feet.

When we sign our next keeper it will be proper one like De Gea, Kepa, Allison or Ederson (given our new and brutal regime).
    Their first looked píss poor. But if you watch the replay the save was made with his very fingertips. There isn't a lot of strength in them to 'push the ball to safety'.

Maybe his positioning wasn't that great..?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Their first looked píss poor. But if you watch the replay the save was made with his very fingertips. There isn't a lot of strength in them to 'push the ball to safety'.

Maybe his positioning wasn't that great..?
    I did think GNev was a bit hard on him, Lloris did the same thing and got away with it

Jesus Christ, you really have no idea do you? Do you really think that a man who has made it to near the very top of his profession is going to come into work on Monday and have a conversation along the lines of

"You should have pushed it away from the danger zone"
    "Oh really? I never knew that"
    "Well let's get out on that field and do it 100 times over until you learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    Jesus Christ, you really have no idea do you? Do you really think that a man who has made it to near the very top of his profession is going to come into work on Monday and have a conversation along the lines of

"You should have pushed it away from the danger zone"
    "Oh really? I never knew that"
    "Well let's get out on that field and do it 100 times over until you learn."
    What is the point of having coaches at all, in that case. Presumably the players just have a kickabout at training as there is no requirement/expectation that they should work to better themselves.

Perhaps this explains the Mustafi conundrum - he has played internationally for Germany so will not work on any of his weaknesses.

What is the point of having coaches at all, in that case. Presumably the players just have a kickabout at training as there is no requirement/expectation that they should work to better themselves. .
    Goalkeeper training is quite a different animal to outfield training, r

Other than discussing individual match tactics (play out from the back, etc) it really is just repetition, repetition, repetition, in order to transfer your training to matchday situations.

You wouldn't get an outfield player doing repetitions of, say, first touch control of the ball...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I decided not to be too harsh on him yesterday.

Yes he should’ve saved or tipped the shot round the post but there were others to blame as well.

I feel blaming him doesn’t exactly solve the problem.