Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where does AWIMB stand on Leno?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I decided not to be too harsh on him yesterday.

Yes he should’ve saved or tipped the shot round the post but there were others to blame as well.

I feel blaming him doesn’t exactly solve the problem.
    I think you are spot on there, t

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I decided not to be too harsh on him yesterday.

Yes he should’ve saved or tipped the shot round the post but there were others to blame as well.

I feel blaming him doesn’t exactly solve the problem.
    You mean like Sokratis? The Sokratis that shouldn't have gone for the first ball at all because Xhaka was there? And that once he went for it had to win it? Or that once he had gone for it and not won it should have been aware enough to have tracked Eriksen's run so that Eriksen couldn't tap it home.

Having said that, Leno wasn't set properly so he had to reach for the shot more than he might have and therefore couldn't push it away.

Shambles all around really. And then we have that muppet Xhaka to blame for their second.

On the other hand my recollection of our goals involves a sublime touch and finish from Laca, a ball of genius from Gwenda and another sublime finish from Boomerang.

We're better that that lot up the road again. The stench of Wenger's final years had to wear off eventually.

Agree with LA about him agreeing with TonyC's agreeable comment

Leno has more than enough credit in the bank to be excused his role in the opening goal and didn't let it affect his subsequent fine performance (one other similar but less costly repeat aside)
    10 characters? Pile of cund.