Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Trafford test match

Old Trafford test match

reckon there will be 4 days play in all.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    reckon there will be 4 days play in all.
    That's usually enough, to be fair.

By the way, I fully anticipate all this 'momentum' guff about Australia still carrying the psychological scar of Headingley turning out to be total balls and for them to come out swinging.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's usually enough, to be fair.

By the way, I fully anticipate all this 'momentum' guff about Australia still carrying the psychological scar of Headingley turning out to be total balls and for them to come out swinging.
    Smith and their South African will give them a much stronger batting line up. Who will open for us, Burns and AN Other?

Smith and their South African will give them a much stronger batting line up. Who will open for us, Burns and AN Other?
    Is it wrong for me to be looking forward to Archer putting a few more under Smith's chin?

Denly, isn't it? Because apparently fluking your way to a streaky 50 is sufficient qualification to open the batting for England now.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Is it wrong for me to be looking forward to Archer putting a few more under Smith's chin?
    Not at all. Archer hitting people is highly entertaining. Although if Archer's clever, the first ball he bowls him will be a straight, slower ball yorker.

Denly, isn't it? Because apparently fluking your way to a streaky 50 is sufficient qualification to open the batting for England now.
    No other fecker can do the job so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No other fecker can do the job so why not?
    No-one else in the squad can, certainly. I suppose the question is whether someone currently outside the squad would be any better?

No-one else in the squad can, certainly. I suppose the question is whether someone currently outside the squad would be any better?
    I watched that lad Tom Banton for Somerset the other night. Does he have any first class runs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I watched that lad Tom Banton for Somerset the other night. Does he have any first class runs?
    I think Sibley is next in line.