Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So today is my birthday and after work I shall dine at Hawksmoor. Two questions:

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Dunno about bars, but I like pubs with a bit of atmosphere or character such as the Cross Keys on Endell Street, Lamb & Flag on Rose Street, and the Porterhouse on Maiden Lane which is huge but has lots of little snugs.

LA already mentioned the poncey craft beer place which might be more your kind of thing.
    The last time I was in The Porterhouse it took so long to get served I left in disgust.

Went back to my usual haunt, The Beaufort Bar at The Savoy. Served immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The last time I was in The Porterhouse it took so long to get served I left in disgust.

Went back to my usual haunt, The Beaufort Bar at The Savoy. Served immediately.
    Been in the Porterhouse many a time - not a fan but Rich might like it.

Dunno about bars, but I like pubs with a bit of atmosphere or character such as the Cross Keys on Endell Street, Lamb & Flag on Rose Street, and the Porterhouse on Maiden Lane which is huge but has lots of little snugs.

LA already mentioned the poncey craft beer place which might be more your kind of thing.
    Actually i was thinking of the Cross Keys as well - magnificent fish and chip shop near by. Christ I miss having such a choice of pubs

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Been in the Porterhouse many a time - not a fan but Rich might like it.
    Is that the one with about 12 different levels & a little like a maze? I think I watched a band there once who I believed were quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Is that the one with about 12 different levels & a little like a maze? I think I watched a band there once who I believed were quite good.
    Yeah - downstairs (right at the bottom) there is usually a band. It's OK - decent beer. Usually room outside as well, which helps if you are trying to meet people there

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Actually i was thinking of the Cross Keys as well - magnificent fish and chip shop near by. Christ I miss having such a choice of pubs
    That chippy was on Portillo's Great Railway Journeys with the Bradshaw guide book. They claim to use a recipe handed down from the Victorian era.

Of course if Rich or Mrs Rich worked in the creative industries I would be able to recommend a members club in the vicinity which I'm sure he'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Apologies, I was thinking in net terms.
    I knew you'd have a healthy appetite Sir C

That chippy was on Portillo's Great Railway Journeys with the Bradshaw guide book. They claim to use a recipe handed down from the Victorian era.

Of course if Rich or Mrs Rich worked in the creative industries I would be able to recommend a members club in the vicinity which I'm sure he'd like.
    Where might that be, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Where might that be, then?
    Close to Seven Dials.

Close to Seven Dials.
    What sort of creative arts might we may to take in there? Some interpretative dance, perhaps?