Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I'm quite optomistic about top 4. 3 games played and the only 2 teams above us are

I'm quite optomistic about top 4. 3 games played and the only 2 teams above us are

City and Liverpool

We might be a bit **** but we will score a lot of goals.

Not sure why United wanted to get rid of what little attacking options they have left.
    I saw some stats that compared Rashford and lacazette.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    City and Liverpool

Not sure why United wanted to get rid of what little attacking options they have left.
    Is there any point in getting into the top 4, though? Watching us play this kind of 'football' in the champions league will just be embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    City and Liverpool

since 2004. points gained against...

Chelsea: 27 points out of a possible 90.
    Liverpool: 39 points out of a possible 93.
    Manchester United: 29 points out of a possible 90.
    Manchester City: 41 points out of a possible 90.
    Tottenham: 47 points out of a possible 90.

Wenger out!

www.90min.com/posts/6439578-6-stats-that-show-how-unbelievably-abysmal-arsenal-have-been-against-the-top-six
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is there any point in getting into the top 4, though? Watching us play this kind of 'football' in the champions league will just be embarrassing.
    Well I was getting bored of the CL, But I think we could do alright in it. As long as we don't face any other English team or Bayern/Barcelona etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hmmm, I do find it odd that the media is saying that OGS at Old Trafford will need 4 or 5 transfer windows to get United back where apparently they should be, yet UE has to do it immediately. I think we'll get top 4 and be an even more attractive proposition. Tierney, Bellerin and Holding back and we might actually have a decent defence.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Hmmm, I do find it odd that the media is saying that OGS at Old Trafford will need 4 or 5 transfer windows to get United back where apparently they should be, yet UE has to do it immediately. I think we'll get top 4 and be an even more attractive proposition. Tierney, Bellerin and Holding back and we might actually have a decent defence.
    The Arsenal appear to have had the shítty end of the media stick in the last few years on matters such as these.

Wenger consistently getting top 4 and suggesting it was "like a trophy" was deemed not good/ambitious enough, etc
    Spurs being a great team and Arsenal being shít despite a single point difference, etc

it's almost as if journos are, on the whole, ****s
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

People say UE has to go if we don't make top 4 this season.

All depends on how that would happen imo.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The Arsenal appear to have had the shítty end of the media stick in the last few years on matters such as these.

Wenger consistently getting top 4 and suggesting it was "like a trophy" was deemed not good/ambitious enough, etc
    Spurs being a great team and Arsenal being shít despite a single point difference, etc

it's almost as if journos are, on the whole, ****s
    Maybe we pay attention to it more. Though I do feel every single Arsenal game I watch I have to endure the pundits slagging us off.
    Even if we beat someone it will be how we are not very good and we need this and that. Or the usual bull**** about combined starting elevens where they will only put 1 or 2 of our players.

Well said, PSRB. I share in this, no doubt delusional optimism. Still don’t see Emery as a long term proposition but clear signs of squard improvement from where the dithering French tit left us.