Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: There was this chap. A calm and dignified gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    An error of judgement, is the technical term I believe. I'm sure we've all put our hands in the biscuit tin when it wasn't elevenses on the odd occasion.
    I have found some of the most remarkably untouched, unvisited and picture perfect scenery for walking in, all within 5 miles of my front door. A series of hidden valleys. I walked them obsessively over the weekend.

I would love to show them to you and mrs a one day.

Shocked. i'm still shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have found some of the most remarkably untouched, unvisited and picture perfect scenery for walking in, all within 5 miles of my front door. A series of hidden valleys. I walked them obsessively over the weekend.

I would love to show them to you and mrs a one day.

Shocked. i'm still shocked.
    Sounds good. Not Keston/Farnborough way by any chance? Some good spots on the Loop round there.

I spend the weekend jumping out of the way of bicycles on the Lea Valley walk. I must admit that if I were a cyclist, there would be no better place to to it than on a canal tow-path. No cars, no hills, no lights, and the only thing you have to worry about is scattering pedestrians so they don't slow you down.

I walked them obsessively over the weekend.
    I spent the weekend removing a fireplace and making good...

:manly:
    :manuallabour:

#sweatinglikeabástard
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Sounds good. Not Keston/Farnborough way by any chance? Some good spots on the Loop round there.

I spend the weekend jumping out of the way of bicycles on the Lea Valley walk. I must admit that if I were a cyclist, there would be no better place to to it than on a canal tow-path. No cars, no hills, no lights, and the only thing you have to worry about is scattering pedestrians so they don't slow you down.
    No, it's the bit west of Shoreham (Kent, rather than -on-Sea) which, for some reason, I have never fully investigated. It was also, over a hot bank holiday weekend, entirely devoid of other people.

I had a similar experience with biycyles on the coast path between Whitstable and Herne Bay recently. The worst culprits seemed to be parents with young children, as yet unable to steer properly. The parents' concern is always 100% for the child, not the ankles and shins they are assaulting.

Did I mention that we're going to try the Northumberland coast in October? Just for a change. And some seafood. That's what Cumbria lacks, you know. Decent seafood restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I spent the weekend removing a fireplace and making good...

:manly:
    :manuallabour:

#sweatinglikeabástard
    Did it look like a fireplace with a ripped out fanny at the end?

When you say, 'making good', do you mean apologising?

When you say, 'making good', do you mean apologising?
    Plastering, that sort of thing.
    It wasn't a bad effort, even if I say so myself.

Instead of a fireplace, there is now a fúcking great 65" OLED TV
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Nicely done, a.

Don't forget George';s shady shenanigans, mind.
    The second worst thing Arsenal have ever done was the sacking of the Stroller. Wánkers for that imo
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

He was our greatest manager and the heart and soul of our club. He embodied the values to which we were supposed to admire. Honesty, integrity, decency, loyalty. Forebearance, perseverance, steadfastness.

We discarded him like a used tissue because we needed someone 'better' who would make sure we didn't get gubbed at Anfield.

Oh.
    If he's so good how come he's not got another job?

Though he was good. and looking back at some of our squards in later years I have to say he got the most out of a **** bunch of players at times.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Plastering, that sort of thing.
    It wasn't a bad effort, even if I say so myself.

Instead of a fireplace, there is now a fúcking great 65" OLED TV
    Top tip: don't be tempted to use it to watch football.

Football is a depressing spectacle these days.

Top tip: don't be tempted to use it to watch football.

Football is a depressing spectacle these days.
    Welllll Sir C.
    I thank Arsenal actually. You'd be amazed how much decorating I got done during the 2nd half of our match.