Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There was this chap. A calm and dignified gentleman.

There was this chap. A calm and dignified gentleman.

He was our greatest manager and the heart and soul of our club. He embodied the values to which we were supposed to admire. Honesty, integrity, decency, loyalty. Forebearance, perseverance, steadfastness.

We discarded him like a used tissue because we needed someone 'better' who would make sure we didn't get gubbed at Anfield.

Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He was our greatest manager and the heart and soul of our club. He embodied the values to which we were supposed to admire. Honesty, integrity, decency, loyalty. Forebearance, perseverance, steadfastness.

We discarded him like a used tissue because we needed someone 'better' who would make sure we didn't get gubbed at Anfield.

Oh.
    Oh do stop this pitiful pining and whining for the soppy old french tit you soppy old dutch tit.

Oh.
    I didn't even bother watching it, tbh. When I learned that we'd been gubbed, I realised to my surprise that I had no real feelings about it. I think any vestigial affection I have for Arsenal is finally leaving my system - helped on its way by a team and manager for whom I care not one jot.

Oh.
    I didn't even bother watching it, tbh. When I learned that we'd been gubbed, I realised to my surprise that I had no real feelings about it. I think any vestigial affection I have for Arsenal is finally leaving my system - helped on its way by a team and manager for whom I care not one jot.

Oh.
    Good ebening...

not as badly gubbed as one might have worried. And there was a few positives to take from the performance. Pepe giving VVD plenty to worry about, for one.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Good ebening...

not as badly gubbed as one might have worried. And there was a few positives to take from the performance. Pepe giving VVD plenty to worry about, for one.
    Could have been 2 up before they scored. Based on the pen they got, we should have had one as well when VvD pulled Pepe's shirt. Although playing without a midfield for 75 minutes was novel

How is George Graham doing these days?

Nicely done, a.

Don't forget George';s shady shenanigans, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Based on the pen they got, we should have had one as well when VvD pulled Pepe's shirt. Although playing without a midfield for 75 minutes was novel
    bit of a 50:50 that one, I thought...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Nicely done, a.

Don't forget George';s shady shenanigans, mind.
    An error of judgement, is the technical term I believe. I'm sure we've all put our hands in the biscuit tin when it wasn't elevenses on the odd occasion.