Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Stokes, what a player

Ben Stokes, what a player

although, lets be honest, how ****e were the umpires? 6 overturned decisions and a proper balls up on not giving Stokes out.

I did think the one error Stokes made was not taking the single to tie the scores just before that but hey, doesn't matter now

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    although, lets be honest, how ****e were the umpires? 6 overturned decisions and a proper balls up on not giving Stokes out.

I did think the one error Stokes made was not taking the single to tie the scores just before that but hey, doesn't matter now
    Oddly enough, I agree with the umpire and Stokes about that lbw. The ball tracking looked all wrong to me and seemed to just draw a straight line between the ball pitching and it making contact with the back pad, ignoring the fact that it clipped the front pad on the way through and clearly didn't spin enough to pitch on leg stump and go on to hit leg stump. It's made me slightly dubious about the technology tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oddly enough, I agree with the umpire and Stokes about that lbw. The ball tracking looked all wrong to me and seemed to just draw a straight line between the ball pitching and it making contact with the back pad, ignoring the fact that it clipped the front pad on the way through and clearly didn't spin enough to pitch on leg stump and go on to hit leg stump. It's made me slightly dubious about the technology tbh.
    I did think in real time that it looked like it was sliding down leg

I did think in real time that it looked like it was sliding down leg
    I'm pretty sure it was.

And actually, Wilson had a decent umpiring game. Gaffaney made most of the errors.

All the more amusing as they wasted their last review on that dreadful LBW shout a couple of overs prior

yes, apparently the cricket was rather good.
    but then, good for, you know, cricket.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Don't want to sound like miserable git but I seem to be the only one who thinks Stokes was really unprofessional in the way couldn't look near the end when Leach was batting. It was so fúcking good tho so I don't mind really
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Don't want to sound like miserable git but I seem to be the only one who thinks Stokes was really unprofessional in the way couldn't look near the end when Leach was batting. It was so fúcking good tho so I don't mind really
    I couldn't watch either, kept walking out the room when Leach was facing

The Young lad we shipped off to Sunderland?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    The Young lad we shipped off to Sunderland?
    No, that's the slightly stalkery Anthony Stokes