Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beginning to like this manager.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    To Monty's (succinctly put) point, I do get why but not sure the possible benefit outweighs the cost
    Don't believe anything Bignose tells you, p.

They lie as a matter of course. They can't help themselves.

To Monty's (succinctly put) point, I do get why but not sure the possible benefit outweighs the cost
    ah, but we have a new weapon in the Luiz Hail-Mary to Aubameyang 60 yarder.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

If you keep the ball you're 80 yards from their goal, if you lose it they're 20 yards from yours, it's awesome

Actually there's no harm in trying it, there's also no shame in admitting you can't play your way out every time so just hoof it. Even for a throw in sometimes.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

In fairness, everyone is doing it......I still don't really get why
    I suppose it’s meant to draw the opposition further forward, beat their press and open up a spare man in midfield for us?
    Great in theory. Terrible in practice if your passing and movement is as slow as ours. Again, maybe look at it later in the season with a settled Luiz and Bellerin+Tierney at fullback. But, forget it at anfield.

To draw out the opposition from their formation and shape, thicko 🙄

In fairness, everyone is doing it......I still don't really get why

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    To draw out the opposition from their base formation, thicko 🙄
    Yes, and just about everyone has conceded whilst doing it

Ah, there you are Bignose. Will the butcher at Macknade have a whole pork belly tomorrow morning?

Hmmm - but surely that is merely a means to an end.

I would have thought the important metric would be a comparison of the % of time the team taking a goal kick retain possession when it is lumped down the pitch v the % of time the team playing out from the back retain possession until they cross midfield (or something like that).

I'd think even that even teams that aren't that good at it would still find it worked in their favour.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Hmmm - but surely that is merely a means to an end.

I would have thought the important metric would be a comparison of the % of time the team taking a goal kick retain possession when it is lumped down the pitch v the % of time the team playing out from the back retain possession until they cross midfield (or something like that).

I'd think even that even teams that aren't that good at it would still find it worked in their favour.
    Mind you, you'd have to factor in how often playing out from the back resulted in giving the ball away in a terrible position.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Mind you, you'd have to factor in how often playing out from the back resulted in giving the ball away in a terrible position.
    Post reported to Petr Cech
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”