Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beginning to like this manager.......

Beginning to like this manager.......

Unai Emery is making it very clear, both privately and publicly, that Shkodran Mustafi & Mohamed Elneny have no future at #AFC.

“They know the situation. I think it’s positive for them to leave and to sign for another team where they can be protagonists, they can be happy.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Unai Emery is making it very clear, both privately and publicly, that Shkodran Mustafi & Mohamed Elneny have no future at #AFC.

“They know the situation. I think it’s positive for them to leave and to sign for another team where they can be protagonists, they can be happy.”
    Why would he say such a thing publicly, p?

Iamgine Arsene being so cruel. You're right, it would never have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Why would he say such a thing publicly, p?

Iamgine Arsene being so cruel. You're right, it would never have happened.
    He just wants them to be happy. What a nice man

He just wants them to be happy. What a nice man
    He also thinks they can be protagonists. That's how important they could be for their new clubs. Happy protagonists. What more could they want?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    He also thinks they can be protagonists. That's how important they could be for their new clubs. Happy protagonists. What more could they want?
    I can see it now - "The protagonist in the tale of Roma's defensive woes was Mustafi"

Some of his tactics are quite concerning though. Like playing out from the back on goalkicks. Even though the players aren’t very good at it*, and it mainly results in chances for the opposition. Bad enough against Burnley last week. Trying it against Liverpool’s front three would be just plain daft. I did notice Unai abandoned the tactic toward the end of the Burnley game, (after seeing it breakdown three times in 5 mins). Let’s hope he continues to see sense at Anfield.

* It might work better with a lot more practice, and with Bellerin and Tierney in the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Some of his tactics are quite concerning though. Like playing out from the back on goalkicks. Even though the players aren’t very good at it*, and it mainly results in chances for the opposition. Bad enough against Burnley last week. Trying it against Liverpool’s front three would be just plain daft. I did notice Unai abandoned the tactic toward the end of the Burnley game, (after seeing it breakdown three times in 5 mins). Let’s hope he continues to see sense at Anfield.
    The relief around the ground when we finally just hoofed it was, as they say, palpable.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post

* It might work better with a lot more practice, and with Bellerin and Tierney in the defence.
    In fairness, everyone is doing it......I still don't really get why

I've looked at a few games already this season where I'm not really sure what I'm watching. It's like an entirely new game has developed. A shít new game.

A 12 pass move inside your own penalty area. Why? Just... why?

To draw out the opposition from their formation and shape, thicko 🙄