Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Beginning to like this manager.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Some of his tactics are quite concerning though. Like playing out from the back on goalkicks. Even though the players aren’t very good at it*, and it mainly results in chances for the opposition. Bad enough against Burnley last week. Trying it against Liverpool’s front three would be just plain daft. I did notice Unai abandoned the tactic toward the end of the Burnley game, (after seeing it breakdown three times in 5 mins). Let’s hope he continues to see sense at Anfield.

* It might work better with a lot more practice, and with Bellerin and Tierney in the defence.
    In fairness, everyone is doing it......I still don't really get why

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I've looked at a few games already this season where I'm not really sure what I'm watching. It's like an entirely new game has developed. A shít new game.

A 12 pass move inside your own penalty area. Why? Just... why?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've looked at a few games already this season where I'm not really sure what I'm watching. It's like an entirely new game has developed. A shít new game.

A 12 pass move inside your own penalty area. Why? Just... why?
    To Monty's (succinctly put) point, I do get why but not sure the possible benefit outweighs the cost

To Monty's (succinctly put) point, I do get why but not sure the possible benefit outweighs the cost
    Don't believe anything Bignose tells you, p.

They lie as a matter of course. They can't help themselves.

ah, but we have a new weapon in the Luiz Hail-Mary to Aubameyang 60 yarder.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

If you keep the ball you're 80 yards from their goal, if you lose it they're 20 yards from yours, it's awesome

Actually there's no harm in trying it, there's also no shame in admitting you can't play your way out every time so just hoof it. Even for a throw in sometimes.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

I suppose it’s meant to draw the opposition further forward, beat their press and open up a spare man in midfield for us?
    Great in theory. Terrible in practice if your passing and movement is as slow as ours. Again, maybe look at it later in the season with a settled Luiz and Bellerin+Tierney at fullback. But, forget it at anfield.