Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Smith out - wd Jofra

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Is he suggesting we bat S Curran at 3?
    He's also suggesting we open with Leach, ffs. The Curran thing is only his second most barkingly mad suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He's also suggesting we open with Leach, ffs. The Curran thing is only his second most barkingly mad suggestion.
    It's on the grounds that if both Leach and Curran get ducks batting at 2 and 3, they'll probably only score ten less runs combined than Roy and Denly would have done, yet both of them can bowl.

Basically, those ten runs are neither here nor there if they can face as many balls. It's no more barking mad than Boycs saying his nan could have done better than Roy with a stick of rhubarb. I just reckon Curran and Leach offer a bit more in the bowling dept than Boycott's dead nan.

Our lack of a top 3 is down to the IPL and associated T20 leagues and, as such, is our bad karma for the Amritsar massacre and the 1877-8 famine.

Still, I reckon young Jofra looks like the Goddess Kali to the Convicts so that must be our good karma for being the first country to say no fellow human being can be enslaved.

So it's swings and roundabouts on the imperial theology front.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    It's on the grounds that if both Leach and Curran get ducks batting at 2 and 3, they'll probably only score ten less runs combined than Roy and Denly would have done, yet both of them can bowl.

Basically, those ten runs are neither here nor there if they can face as many balls. It's no more barking mad than Boycs saying his nan could have done better than Roy with a stick of rhubarb. I just reckon Curran and Leach offer a bit more in the bowling dept than Boycott's dead nan.

Our lack of a top 3 is down to the IPL and associated T20 leagues and, as such, is our bad karma for the Amritsar massacre and the 1877-8 famine.

Still, I reckon young Jofra looks like the Goddess Kali to the Convicts so that must be our good karma for being the first country to say no fellow human being can be enslaved.

So it's swings and roundabouts on the imperial theology front.
    I do hope you went for a lie-down after writing this rubbish

I'm hungover and confused enough as it is but that has really fúcked me up
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I do hope you went for a lie-down after writing this rubbish
    Don't be silly. I went and got another can of Spesh.