Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What lovely weather for summer

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I know northerners love to go on about the prices down south but when I'm in the Lakes the pubs and restaurants all seem to be charging London prices.
    Not quite Highgate prices, I find. Though you might attend more upmarket establishments than me in t'Lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Indeed.

Had friends down from the North at the weekend. Managed to take them to six Highgate pubs, including The Spaniards. Prince of Wales was rocking on Saturday night - Steve Diggle from the Buzzcocks is a regular, by the look of it. He must have sold more records than I thought.

Our guests weren't so impressed with the £20 roasts in the Red Lion and Sun the next day. Especially the £8 service for slapping down a couple of plates. Table service indeed. Hmmph.
    Yeah - Red Lion was never the cheapest. Nice to know the Prince is doing well though. May even get back to London before the end of the year

Not quite Highgate prices, I find. Though you might attend more upmarket establishments than me in t'Lakes.
    £3.00 a pint in the Newfield Inn, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    £3.00 a pint in the Newfield Inn, for example.
    £5.75 for a pint of Peroni in my local.

taking the fúcking rise, imo...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

A good food place in t'Lakes seems about the same as in Surrey; I'm actually out of touch with London prices. Beer a bit cheaper but not miles. A good ale in the Drunken Duck was just over 4 quid, I think. Lager slightly more.

Which is pretty much what my local in Surrey charges.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    £5.75 for a pint of Peroni in my local.

taking the fúcking rise, imo...
    Wages should be index linked to beer prices imo.

Wages should be index linked to beer prices imo.
    EDIT : And I'm no longer surprised to be charged north of six quid for a larger.

EDIT : And I'm no longer surprised to be charged north of six quid for a larger.
    Last time i was in O'Neills on Euston Road (probably two years ago) Peroni was £6.05 a pint.

What a fúcking awkward price too.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Last time i was in O'Neills on Euston Road (probably two years ago) Peroni was £6.05 a pint.

What a fúcking awkward price too.
    £5.50 for a pint of Estrella in a bar near me, I was paying under €2 for it in Portugal last week

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    £5.50 for a pint of Estrella in a bar near me, I was paying under €2 for it in Portugal last week
    Estrella? Barcelona filth imo.

Sagres / Superbock a betterer choice, no?