Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What lovely weather for summer

What lovely weather for summer

it's ****ing awful,

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    it's ****ing awful,
    Tell me about it, just back from 2 weeks of stunning weather in Portugal.....and it's pissing down

Mind you, they are saying the bank holiday should be nice

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Tell me about it, just back from 2 weeks of stunning weather in Portugal.....and it's pissing down
    you're in fúcking Manchester, p, what do you expect?

:drizzle:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    you're in fúcking Manchester, p, what do you expect?

:drizzle:
    Even for Manchester, this summer has been awful. Twice we've had Met Office severe weather warnings that exclusively covered Greater Manchester

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    it's ****ing awful,
    I wouldn't mind if we had wet days and dry days - but rain every swutting day!

I left to walk in this morning and it immediately started. Pfft, drizzle, I thought, and so it rained hard. I got on a bus and it stopped raining. Popped into the British Museum at lunch to gorp at the Rothschild collection and as i came out down it came.

Luckily I had the last laugh because by the time it was monsooning it down I was safely back in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

I left to walk in this morning and it immediately started. Pfft, drizzle, I thought, and so it rained hard. I got on a bus and it stopped raining. Popped into the British Museum at lunch to gorp at the Rothschild collection and as i came out down it came.

Luckily I had the last laugh because by the time it was monsooning it down I was safely back in the office.
    April showers style.
    though one positive is the temperature is low at night so I can get a decent kip.

Rob McKenna - is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Rob McKenna - is that you?
    Indeed.

Had friends down from the North at the weekend. Managed to take them to six Highgate pubs, including The Spaniards. Prince of Wales was rocking on Saturday night - Steve Diggle from the Buzzcocks is a regular, by the look of it. He must have sold more records than I thought.

Our guests weren't so impressed with the £20 roasts in the Red Lion and Sun the next day. Especially the £8 service for slapping down a couple of plates. Table service indeed. Hmmph.

Indeed.

Had friends down from the North at the weekend. Managed to take them to six Highgate pubs, including The Spaniards. Prince of Wales was rocking on Saturday night - Steve Diggle from the Buzzcocks is a regular, by the look of it. He must have sold more records than I thought.

Our guests weren't so impressed with the £20 roasts in the Red Lion and Sun the next day. Especially the £8 service for slapping down a couple of plates. Table service indeed. Hmmph.
    I know northerners love to go on about the prices down south but when I'm in the Lakes the pubs and restaurants all seem to be charging London prices.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I know northerners love to go on about the prices down south but when I'm in the Lakes the pubs and restaurants all seem to be charging London prices.
    Manchester local pubs, you're looking at £3-3.80 for lager, £2.20-£3.00 for a bitter, clearly city centre will be more expensive and Wetherspoons cheaper.