Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cracking day at Lord's on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    twas.

the only fly in the ointment was, just as night follows day, the tides change, and taxes, Ashley fúcking Barnes scored.
    As long as we keep beating them every time I can cope with them being the New Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, fúck me, but Archer's lethal. I've never seen anything like it.

In the paper today, they point out that he's already hit 19 batsmen this summer. Not bad for a bloke who made his international debut in May.

You can see why he keeps doing it, though. There's just no discernible difference between his action at 86mph and 96mph.
    You just can't see the bumper coming and as they pointed on comms, it's all just so smooth that he shouldn't really get any major injury problems from it

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    twas.

the only fly in the ointment was, just as night follows day, the tides change, and taxes, Ashley fúcking Barnes scored.
    Riddle me this: why didn't Sokratis put that **** into row Q?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Shouldn’t have bowled bouncer after bouncer at Woakes and Archer then. Stupid ****ers. (tbf the Aussie players aren’t complaining)
    I think even the Australians would struggle to muster the level of hypocrisy required to complain about their batsmen being hunted down by fast, short-pitched bowling. They've been cheering it on when the boot's on the other foot far too long for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I must confess to being slightly bored by the endless chin-music by the end of yesterday. I mean, letting them know you're there and putting it in the mixer is all very well but when your prime strategy is to kick as many of the opponents off the park as possible it eventually ... lacks elegance, I felt.

I enjoyed watching Leach more tbh.
    The day I no longer enjoy watching Australians being made to fear for their lives by an England bowler, they can screw the coffin lid down imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Riddle me this: why didn't Sokratis put that **** into row Q?
    He was far too busy claiming offside. After he had deflected the ball into Barnes' path whilst stood in (defensive) no man's land...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Laubashagne or whatever his name is....that was his fault yesterday.

Poor technique.

Leech and Archer in tandem is a very decent attack imo

To be honest, I'd have been happier if the earlier one had broken his arm, since that would've put him out of the series. But I can't deny the blow to the head was more aesthetically satisfying.

I can't be doing with all this po-faced sanctimony. Exactly what's exciting about watching a guy that fast is the same thing that makes him dangerous - the fact that he's scary and dangerous. For people to talk about how 'exciting' he is and then start wringing their hands when the cause of that 'excitement' has its inevitable consequences is ridicules.
    Quite. The Edgbaston mob, who seems to take their behavioural cues from football, would have been chanting "Let 'im die, let 'im die, let 'im die".

To be honest, I'd have been happier if the earlier one had broken his arm, since that would've put him out of the series. But I can't deny the blow to the head was more aesthetically satisfying.

I can't be doing with all this po-faced sanctimony. Exactly what's exciting about watching a guy that fast is the same thing that makes him dangerous - the fact that he's scary and dangerous. For people to talk about how 'exciting' he is and then start wringing their hands when the cause of that 'excitement' has its inevitable consequences is ridicules.
    Absolutely. Nobody wants to see him die or suffer serious injury but a broken arm would have been perfectly acceptable.

I think even the Australians would struggle to muster the level of hypocrisy required to complain about their batsmen being hunted down by fast, short-pitched bowling. They've been cheering it on when the boot's on the other foot far too long for that.
    This is different though. Genuinely terrifying. He's hit the best batsman in the world twice on a slow pitch. The rest of their batsmen are going to be ****ting themselves.

It's just indescribably brilliant