Click here for Arsenal FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: So Corbyn says that if they make him PM, he'll help stop Brexit and then

  1. #1

    So Corbyn says that if they make him PM, he'll help stop Brexit and then

    definitely step down after a given period.

    Honest.

    On his mum's grave.

    Cross his heart and hope to die.



    Righto, Jez.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    definitely step down after a given period.

    Honest.

    On his mum's grave.

    Cross his heart and hope to die.



    Righto, Jez.
    A terrorist-supporting, UK-hating, Marxist anti-semite being installed as 'temporary' prime minister? Why, what could possibly go wrong?

    Comrade John will ensure that the Red Guard keeps him safe and comfortable in No. 10.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A terrorist-supporting, UK-hating, Marxist anti-semite being installed as 'temporary' prime minister? Why, what could possibly go wrong?

    Comrade John will ensure that the Red Guard keeps him safe and comfortable in No. 10.
    It's a non-starter anyway. There are significant numbers in his own party who wouldn't vote to put him in Number 10 - let alone in other parties. Meanwhile, his lot won't vote to put anyone but him there, making a cross-party coalition fantastically unlikely.

  4. #4
    Could Corbyn not find himself backed into a corner if sufficient numbers come out in support of an alternative Labour MP leading a government of unity?

    If it's a choice of No Deal or Corbyn making way for a member of his own party, wouldn't the pressure on him to step aside be irrestible?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Could Corbyn not find himself backed into a corner if sufficient numbers come out in support of an alternative Labour MP leading a government of unity?

    If it's a choice of No Deal or Corbyn making way for a member of his own party, wouldn't the pressure on him to step aside be irrestible?
    You think his frontbench and the membership would allow one of the old, Blairite brigade being allowed to become PM instead of him - thus in effect taking control of the Labour Party? Abso-f˙cking-lutely no way. That would defeat absolutely everything they've been working for since 2015.
    You have to remember that these guys are old-fashioned Marxists. They don't give a flying f˙ck about Brexit other than as a means to an end. Equally, they have no issue with No Deal, since they see it as an opportunity to blame the tories and win an election. All they want is to get into power.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You think his frontbench and the membership would allow one of the old, Blairite brigade being allowed to become PM instead of him - thus in effect taking control of the Labour Party? Abso-f˙cking-lutely no way. That would defeat absolutely everything they've been working for since 2015.
    You have to remember that these guys are old-fashioned Marxists. They don't give a flying f˙ck about Brexit other than as a means to an end. Equally, they have no issue with No Deal, since they see it as an opportunity to blame the tories and win an election. All they want is to get into power.
    I know. I'm just wondering what their justification would be if it became clear that it's a straight choice between Corbyn stepping aside and No Deal.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I know. I'm just wondering what their justification would be if it became clear that it's a straight choice between Corbyn stepping aside and No Deal.
    They will argue that only Corbyn's policies can deal with the consequences of the iniquitous Tory No Deal Brexit, which will be blamed for All Bad Things in perpetuity.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They will argue that only Corbyn's policies can deal with the consequences of the iniquitous Tory No Deal Brexit, which will be blamed for All Bad Things in perpetuity.
    But I'm talking about the (entirely feasible) scenario in which Corbyn stepping aside for one of yer Benns or yer Coopers would be the only way to *avoid* No Deal.

    What would be their justification then?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    But I'm talking about the (entirely feasible) scenario in which Corbyn stepping aside for one of yer Benns or yer Coopers would be the only way to *avoid* No Deal.

    What would be their justification then?
    They wouldn't need a justification. They could quite simply state that Corbyn is Leader of the Opposition and elected leader of the Labour Party and that it therefore falls to him to form a Government and that none of his MPs has any mandate whatsoever to do so.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A terrorist-supporting, UK-hating, Marxist anti-semite being installed as 'temporary' prime minister? Why, what could possibly go wrong?

    Comrade John will ensure that the Red Guard keeps him safe and comfortable in No. 10.
    Hopefully Nepal will ship over shed-loads of Gurkhas and colonise us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •