Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twice in the space of a few days I have watched the first half

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Isn't he a taxi driver now?
    I don't know, but I doesn't he occasionally pop up and have a pop at us in the media? I'm sure I've seen squeals of outrage about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    On Saturday I feast.

Today I find I have lost half a stone in 3 weeks. The dieting therefore ends in 48 hours.

I have ordered a kilo of ribeye and 200 grams of beef fat from the butcher. I shall use this to make cheeseburgers. These cheeseburgers will be served with chips.

Cheeseburgers. With chips.
    I'm now starting to fit comfortably into things that have been opressively tight until recently. This is always a major boost.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels, remember.

I'm now starting to fit comfortably into things that have been opressively tight until recently. This is always a major boost.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels, remember.
    Each burger is going to consist of two patties, each of a quarter of a pound or 113 grams. There will be a plastic cheese slice melted between them and a cheese sauce over the top, grilled to crispiness in places.

There will be chips. Did I mention chips?

Each burger is going to consist of two patties, each of a quarter of a pound or 113 grams. There will be a plastic cheese slice melted between them and a cheese sauce over the top, grilled to crispiness in places.

There will be chips. Did I mention chips?
    I've often wondered why cheese sauce isn't a more popular accompaniment with chips.

Are you going to put onion and dill pickles in the burgers? Burgers need pickles.

I've often wondered why cheese sauce isn't a more popular accompaniment with chips.

Are you going to put onion and dill pickles in the burgers? Burgers need pickles.
    Oh yes, There will be slices of red onion and pickled gherkins to hand. And I will make my standard burger sauce, a sort of speudo-Big Mac effort.

On Sunday there will be roast potatoes.
    Last edited by Sir C; 08-15-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Oh yes, There will be slices of red onion and pickled gherkins to hand. And I will make my standard burger sauce, a sort of speudo-Big Mac effort.

On Sunday there will be raost potatoes.
    Apparently, the pukka special sauce is:

1/4 cup mayonnaise.
    1 1/2 teaspoons spicy pickle juice.
    1 1/2 teaspoons ketchup.
    1 teaspoon yellow mustard.
    1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika.
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder.

One positive aspect of my move to the seaside has been regular fish and chips.

It really is a quite marvelous meal, when all the components are cooked competently and with all obligatory accompaniments (curry sauce, mushy peas), isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    One positive aspect of my move to the seaside has been regular fish and chips.

It really is a quite marvelous meal, when all the components are cooked competently and with all obligatory accompaniments (curry sauce, mushy peas), isn't it.
    Which is why I haven't bought it in ages, but instead make it myself. Cod loins guarantee the fish will be perfect, as does making one's own beer batter. I've mastered the art of the chip shop chip (the secret is to only fry once at a lowish heat to minimise crispness and then to leave them in a low oven to keep warm whilst anointed with malt vinegar).

Apparently, the pukka special sauce is:

1/4 cup mayonnaise.
    1 1/2 teaspoons spicy pickle juice.
    1 1/2 teaspoons ketchup.
    1 teaspoon yellow mustard.
    1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika.
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder.
    We must have found it in the same place. That's what I do.

Which is why I haven't bought it in ages, but instead make it myself. Cod loins guarantee the fish will be perfect, as does making one's own beer batter. I've mastered the art of the chip shop chip (the secret is to only fry once at a lowish heat to minimise crispness and then to leave them in a low oven to keep warm whilst anointed with malt vinegar).
    Hmmmm.

No.

I think I'll keep outsourcing that particular culinary endeavour, if it's all the same to you.