Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So what do we reckon is going to happen in Hong Kong?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    absolutely. nobody wants a fúcking weirdo amongst their staff.

Excellent. I shall take your advice as gospel and proceed accordingly. I assume there will be no legal issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I assume there will be no legal issues?
    probably none at all.

Although I must warn you that I cannot be held responsible for any rash or reckless actions you may take with this advice.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I have an HR issue. An employee who has recently come under my managerial umbrella (ella, ella, ella) has revealed himself to be a Warhammer fan. He keeps receiving Amazon parcels full of Space Orcs or whatever and has even put up a notice in the kitchen asking for fellow deviants to contact him so that they can play at lunchtimes.

So my question is this: Are these sufficient grounds for dismissal?
    If he’s allowed to recruit more followers things could really get out of hand. They’ll be setting up ‘figure painting sessions’ during lunch. You won’t be able to move for pots of paint, glue and little plastic weapons. If they really establish themselves, they’ll start building model scenery with lumps of polystyrene and modelling clay. Then using your desk as a gaming table.

Get rid of him ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    probably none at all.

Although I must warn you that I cannot be held responsible for any rash or reckless actions you may take with this advice.
    I haven't got my reading glasses on me, but must assume you've given me carte blanche.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Chinks will actually go full Tiananmen - they're a bit more publicity conscious than they used to be - also, HK is worth too much money to them to simply turn it into a slaughterhouse.

However, I think they want the protesters to think they will.
    Some FBPE tosspot reckoned we should give them all UK passports, earlier on Twitter.
    That’d be around 7 million of them, in the event of a full evacuation.
    Gerard Street might get a bit over crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Some FBPE tosspot reckoned we should give them all UK passports, earlier on Twitter.
    That’d be around 7 million of them, in the event of a full evacuation.
    Gerard Street might get a bit over crowded.
    I'd rather give them passports than most of the people we've already given passports.

I'd rather give them passports than most of the people we've already given passports.
    Fair point

Not sure what the agreement was but surely anyone born pre-97 must at least have some priority in any case

Surely only an open borders fanatic could imagine that this country could cope with a sudden influx of 7 million people.

Mind you, open border fanaticism is highly fashionable these days.

If you ever need someone to make you glad you grew up in the West, I find a brief glance at the Chinese and their somewhat casual attitude to basic fúcking humanity will generally do it.
    The thing is though, man. There's a lot of fvcking Chinese. Anything you do, it's multiplied by 100. 10k is really like 100 deaths to us. 100 deaths is still a lot but just sayin'