Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what do we reckon is going to happen in Hong Kong?

So what do we reckon is going to happen in Hong Kong?

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Chinks will actually go full Tiananmen - they're a bit more publicity conscious than they used to be - also, HK is worth too much money to them to simply turn it into a slaughterhouse.

However, I think they want the protesters to think they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think the Chinks will actually go full Tiananmen - they're a bit more publicity conscious than they used to be - also, HK is worth too much money to them to simply turn it into a slaughterhouse.

As you say, the chinee can't afford to mess with HK too harshly for financial reasons if nothing else, but on the other hand they can't afford to be seen to give in to protestors' demands, that could open the door to a billion fúcking rioters.

Rock and a hard place, innit.

My guess is that it won't end well.

Have you read the British embassy reports from Tianenman Square?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    As you say, the chinee can't afford to mess with HK too harshly for financial reasons if nothing else, but on the other hand they can't afford to be seen to give in to protestors' demands, that could open the door to a billion fúcking rioters.

This thread is making me want to get a Chinese takeaway

should we, ahem, give a fúck?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    This thread is making me want to get a Chinese takeaway
    Singapore noodles, cripsy duck, Szechaun chicken, beef in black bean sauce, king prawn and cashew nuts....

or

127, 17, 83, 32 ,97
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Singapore noodles, cripsy duck, Szechaun chicken, beef in black bean sauce, king prawn and cashew nuts....

or

127, 17, 83, 32 ,97
    Sounds good to me. Chinese food seems to be one of the few cuisines left in the UK where they actually have salt in it.

Definitely no Tiananmen for the reasons you say but the Chinese are, well, inscrutable so very hard to say what they will do. I can't imagine they'll allow the airport to be out of action for long

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

or

127, 17, 83, 32 ,97
    Spare ribs in brown gloop. Pork balls in fluorescent pink gloop. Special chow mein. Sesame prawn toast on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Sounds good to me. Chinese food seems to be one of the few cuisines left in the UK where they actually have salt in it.
    ah, the much maligned monosodium glutamate :umami:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Yes. 'Pie'