Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good to see Lucas is keeping up her tradition of being a total mentaller

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    absolutely disgraceful behaviour, isn't it, b?

and btw... http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture...greta-thunberg

a child. a female child.
    That child looks like something out of a horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Yeah, but they're more anti-Brexit and less anti-Semitic than the party I've just quit so they got my vote in the locals.

Didn't bother with the manifesto, but if they want to nationalise people like you and feed you to polar bears or whatever, that's fine by me. No offence, like.
    Well you probably ought to be a bit more curious. Just for starters, there's their economic manifesto, in which they essentially outline their plans to destroy the UK's financial sector. They also want to tax pretty much everything, restrict the number of journeys people are allowed to take. There's even a brilliant bit where they admit that most of their policies are impossible to implement while being a member of the EU, but blithely insist that they will simply reform the EU so that it's more to their liking.

https://policy.greenparty.org.uk/ec.html

Honestly, they are idiots and they are totally fúcking nuts, which doesn't really reflect well on anyone who votes for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well you probably ought to be a bit more curious. Just for starters, there's their economic manifesto, in which they essentially outline their plans to destroy the UK's financial sector. They also want to tax pretty much everything, restrict the number of journeys people are allowed to take. There's even a brilliant bit where they admit that most of their policies are impossible to implement while being a member of the EU, but blithely insist that they will simply reform the EU so that it's more to their liking.

Honestly, they are idiots and they are totally fúcking nuts, which doesn't really reflect well on anyone who votes for them.
    Saying that the leaders of the 2 main party's are idiots and ****ing nuts as well
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Yeah, but they can't implement any of that as a local councillor, and my vote really pissed of my Corbynista mates which is the most important thing, politically.

My very limited understanding of global warming is that without some as yet unforeseen miracle, all this climate rebellion lot are at least one, probably two, generations too late.

Basically, if they stuff when I started looking into this in the '90s is right then we're fücked. We're actually ahead of schedule and the feedback cycles will start kicking in more.

As James Lovelock - inventor of Gaia theory and former MI5 Q - said, we might as well razz our Ferraris as it's all too late. We should have listened to him in the '80s.

So anyway, as we're all gonna die, we might as well throw a few Tories to the polar beers as a sop to Cerberus. Polar beers are more endangered than Tories unfortunately, and they're a damned sight nicer.

But yes, Green politics is ****ed, because even if they could persuade all the European voters to vote for economic penury, they won't be able to do that in the US, China and India and the rest of the 3rd world will quite happily fück the planet if it enriches the ruling regimes.

So it's pointless as far as I can see. Though I still think the likes of you should be fed to polar beers if they're feeling peckish due to lack of sea ice. Though perhaps we could compromise on feeding the poor bears on Corbynistas?

The ****s here have managed to get the government to agree to introduce a tax on any textiles that contain chemicals by 2022. A party with less than 5% of the vote dictating taxation policy! Sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Yeah, but they can't implement any of that as a local councillor, and my vote really pissed of my Corbynista mates which is the most important thing, politically.

My very limited understanding of global warming is that without some as yet unforeseen miracle, all this climate rebellion lot are at least one, probably two, generations too late.

Basically, if they stuff when I started looking into this in the '90s is right then we're fücked. We're actually ahead of schedule and the feedback cycles will start kicking in more.

As James Lovelock - inventor of Gaia theory and former MI5 Q - said, we might as well razz our Ferraris as it's all too late. We should have listened to him in the '80s.

So anyway, as we're all gonna die, we might as well throw a few Tories to the polar beers as a sop to Cerberus. Polar beers are more endangered than Tories unfortunately, and they're a damned sight nicer.

But yes, Green politics is ****ed, because even if they could persuade all the European voters to vote for economic penury, they won't be able to do that in the US, China and India and the rest of the 3rd world will quite happily fück the planet if it enriches the ruling regimes.

So it's pointless as far as I can see. Though I still think the likes of you should be fed to polar beers if they're feeling peckish due to lack of sea ice. Though perhaps we could compromise on feeding the poor bears on Corbynistas?
    He turned 100 the other day, Lovelock. More recently, he's recanted many of his more alarmist views. He hates the idea of sustainable development, hates wind turbines and supports LNG and fracking. Indeed, in 2012, he was quoted thusly:

The problem is we don't know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago. That led to some alarmist books – mine included – because it looked clear-cut, but it hasn't happened.

The climate is doing its usual tricks. There’s nothing much really happening yet. We were supposed to be halfway toward a frying world now.

The world has not warmed up very much since the millennium. Twelve years is a reasonable time ... it (the temperature) has stayed almost constant, whereas it should have been rising — carbon dioxide is rising, no question about that.[30]

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    The ****s here have managed to get the government to agree to introduce a tax on any textiles that contain chemicals by 2022. A party with less than 5% of the vote dictating taxation policy! Sick of it.
    Well you do live in the home of Greater Thunderbug, bgm.

Not literally, of course. That would be weird.

The constantly increasing backing for Greens by corporates, royals, luvvies and elites off all stripes, all flying into Davos on their private jets to demand the oiks slash their living standards, makes a lie of the claim that Greens are true leftists.

The first political movement in history pledging to make poor people poorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The constantly increasing backing for Greens by corporates, royals, luvvies and elites off all stripes, all flying into Davos on their private jets to demand the oiks slash their living standards, makes a lie of the claim that Greens are true leftists.

The first political movement in history pledging to make poor people poorer.
    It's almost as if there needs to be a world war to cleanse the planet of 3 billion people.

That'll cut consumption a bit...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    It's almost as if there needs to be a world war to cleanse the planet of 3 billion people.

That'll cut consumption a bit...
    It'd have to be much bigger than the last two piddling efforts, iufg. They barely made a dent in global populations with their pathetic 85 million and 16 million death tolls. Even throwing in the Spanish Flu of 1918, the global populations have not merely recovered, but skyrocketed since 1945.
    I'd estimate that the next war would need to kill a couple of billion people minimum to even slow things down a bit.