Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A dreary old game. Frustrating not to have seen more of the new bods.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A contemporary with players called Lettuce and Mustard ISTR. Two of them at Durham?

LA in 5...4...3....
    Clive Rice? Allan Lamb? Any others?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. I haven't passed judgement on Danny Onions...yet.

There is a former England bowler called Graham Onions. He was good, but was held back by injury. Strong name, though.
    It doesn't mean onions by the way

Clive Rice? Allan Lamb? Any others?
    Should have played rugby really - they could have featured in the Curry Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A contemporary with players called Lettuce and Mustard ISTR. Two of them at Durham?

LA in 5...4...3....
    Onions and Mustard were frequently together in Durham team, yes. Probably shouldn't leave out Beefy Botham

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It doesn't mean onions by the way
    Close enough imo.

Should have played rugby really - they could have featured in the Curry Cup
    South Africa have the Currie Cup. Or did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'll defend any Arsenal player with logic and loyalty, i. I'll point out that any professional footballer who gets to play in the top division in England is, by definition, a fine player. I'll remind you that anyone can have a poor day, or a poor run of form. I'll explain that sometimes the team's tactics may not suit an individual player. I'll eben mention the quality of his teammates and how that might detract from his performance.

But Mkhytarian. Jesus. H. Christ.
    Funny, Smudger was complimentary about his play and the man in the Times rated him and Boomerang our best players. I thought he was Mikki, sloppy at times but creative and skilful at times. As an example, his ball to Boomerang for the chance before the goal was sublime, ball of the match (not that it had a lot of competition).

Ceballos (does that mean 'Onions', btw?)
    Onions are cebollas, not ceballos.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    Onions are cebollas, not ceballos.
    Pfft, stick that up yer cebollix.

Would say that only Leno, Sokratis, Aubameyang and possibly Xhaka are guaranteed starters when everyone is up to speed/fit if ever that happens
    Can someone please explain the point of Xhaka to me? When we signed him we needed aDM to replace Coq. Xhaka couldn't really play with Santi. He can pass but doesn't have the genius to play no.10 or the box-to-box fight and defensive awareness to play deeper.

Santi could play both.

When Hector's back, I'd like to try AMN and Torreira, with Ozil in front.

I hope I'm not jinxing it but AMN's season and a half playing FB/WB has added some skills - step-overs, crossing etc - that might help to make him a more complete midfielder.