Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A dreary old game. Frustrating not to have seen more of the new bods.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Would say that only Leno, Sokratis, Aubameyang and possibly Xhaka are guaranteed starters when everyone is up to speed/fit if ever that happens
    That's a fair point. I will say I rather liked the look of young Willock, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    We've already equalled the number of clean sheets away from home we managed all last year.
    We've won the Intra-Club First Game Away Clean Sheet Trophy!? :trophy:

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's a fair point. I will say I rather liked the look of young Willock, though.
    Yep - looks very promising. Should get a fair few games this season which is good for a 19year old

Absolutely
    Really hoping to see both Willock, Nelson and maybe even Saka given some learning experience game time this season
    Good timez

I like the notion that we were without half a dozen odd potential first teamers and also that none of the new signings started
    Squad almighty!
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    .. and possibly Xhaka
    shame, really. He certainly hasn't lived up to the level he (allegedly) performed at in Germany.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

The 2nd team

Martinez

Bellend
    Holding
    Tiereny
    Kolasinac

Luiz
    Torreira

Pepe
    Ozil
    Saka / Fartinelli

Lacazette

He was known as Willock the pillock, in the youths.

I may have made that bit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    The 2nd team

Martinez

Bellend
    Holding
    Tiereny
    Kolasinac

Luiz
    Torreira

Pepe
    Ozil
    Saka / Fartinelli

Lacazette
    Poor old Kolasinac and Ozil are under threat of death from the Seven Sisters Massive, though. We'll need to hire top, top quality bodyguards for them. Possibly Jason Statham.

Defence looked oddly sound, but Newcastle didn't offer much threat - apart from the French Tony Daley they appear to have signed.

Until Pepe does something good, I will continue to assume that he's the new Gervinho.
    Cheerful stuff: Maitland-Niles, Chambers, Aubamayang

Worrying stuff: The absolute, utter lack of creativity in that team. Are we relying on Ozil (lols) and Ceballos for a bit of flair?

Suicide watch stuff: Mkhytarian. Jesus H Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Suicide watch stuff: Mkhytarian. Jesus H Christ.
    He was fúcking dogdirt, tbh
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”