Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A dreary old game. Frustrating not to have seen more of the new bods.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    He was fúcking dogdirt, tbh
    I'll defend any Arsenal player with logic and loyalty, i. I'll point out that any professional footballer who gets to play in the top division in England is, by definition, a fine player. I'll remind you that anyone can have a poor day, or a poor run of form. I'll explain that sometimes the team's tactics may not suit an individual player. I'll eben mention the quality of his teammates and how that might detract from his performance.

But Mkhytarian. Jesus. H. Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Cheerful stuff: Maitland-Niles, Chambers, Aubamayang

Worrying stuff: The absolute, utter lack of creativity in that team. Are we relying on Ozil (lols) and Ceballos for a bit of flair?

Suicide watch stuff: Mkhytarian. Jesus H Christ.
    Agreed. I actually feel a bit sorry for Mkhytarian - the man's confidence appears to be shot.

Guendouzi I find frustrating. He does some good tidying up stuff, but then immediately looks for a pass backwards or sideways rather than trying to create anything. Xhaka is Xhaka. Torreira is never going to be creative and - as you say - Ozil is a passenger. I've no idea what Ceballos (does that mean 'Onions', btw?) is going to do, since what he mostly did yesterday was fúck up simple passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I've no idea what Ceballos (does that mean 'Onions', btw?) is going to do, since what he mostly did yesterday was fúck up simple passes.
    him and Mkhytarian will be interchangeable
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

him and Mkhytarian will be interchangeable
    He's a dislike-for-dislike replacement.

Agreed. I actually feel a bit sorry for Mkhytarian - the man's confidence appears to be shot.

Guendouzi I find frustrating. He does some good tidying up stuff, but then immediately looks for a pass backwards or sideways rather than trying to create anything. Xhaka is Xhaka. Torreira is never going to be creative and - as you say - Ozil is a passenger. I've no idea what Ceballos (does that mean 'Onions', btw?) is going to do, since what he mostly did yesterday was fúck up simple passes.
    From what I understand of Cellabos, he's able to run with the ball and can pick a pass, so I guess we'll have to see.

There was a character in a Leslie Thomas novel called Lance Onions. That's always struck me as a fine name.

You can tell why the club cashed in on Iwobi now.

Reece, Willock, Fartinelli, Ceballos, Saka, Pepe, Mickey, Ozil all covering his positions. Although not over wild about the last two...

Willock will be a £100m midfielder by the end of this season imo #fact

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    From what I understand of Cellabos, he's able to run with the ball and can pick a pass, so I guess we'll have to see.

There was a character in a Leslie Thomas novel called Lance Onions. That's always struck me as a fine name.
    Yes. I haven't passed judgement on Danny Onions...yet.

There is a former England bowler called Graham Onions. He was good, but was held back by injury. Strong name, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    You can tell why the club cashed in on Iwobi now.
    £35m :rubshands:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

£35m :rubshands:
    I still can't believe that someone watched Iwobi play last season and thought 'Yes, that's our new £35m player'.

There is a former England bowler called Graham Onions. He was good, but was held back by injury. Strong name, though.
    A contemporary with players called Lettuce and Mustard ISTR. Two of them at Durham?

LA in 5...4...3....