Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please provide me with a comprehensive list of who we've actually singed?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So let me just clarify: you don’t think that great footballers of the past - given modern levels of training, fitness, nutrition, etc, etc - would be great players today?
    That's not what I said though, is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    That's not what I said though, is it.
    Fair enough. So are you saying that if you simply plucked, say, Cruyff out of the early 70s and simply transplanted him as he was then into a modern side, he would struggle to stand out?
    If so, that's a fairly banal point, since all those other factors I mentioned would mitigate against him.

Fair enough. So are you saying that if you simply plucked, say, Cruyff out of the early 70s and simply transplanted him as he was then into a modern side, he would struggle to stand out?
    If so, that's a fairly banal point, since all those other factors I mentioned would mitigate against him.
    My only real point is in preparing everyone for the abject sh*tness that Pepe is destined to bring to The Arsenal before his inevitable sale to West Ham in the summer of 2021
    Last edited by Monty92; 08-08-2019 at 12:17 PM.

My only real point is in preparing everyone for the abject sh*tness that Pepe is destined to bring to The Arsenal before his inevitable sale to West Ham in the summer of 2021
    But do you want to be right?

Tricky one for you, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    But do you want to be right?

Tricky one for you, I reckon.
    I had this quandry last season after defending Wenger for so long, and was relieved to discover that as I watched us play I found myself as keen as ever to see us win.

Indeed, as you may have noticed, I was one of the fiercest defenders of Emery's debut season on here, right up until it became leeetle beeet embarrassing to stick up for the ugly gormless comedy-voiced monoglot c*nt (although some would say that's never stopped me before)
    Last edited by Monty92; 08-08-2019 at 12:42 PM.

In addition to calling him a ****.

This is a hostage to fortune, m. Your entire reputation as a chap who knows his football could be shattered by this. If he does well, you'll have to endure people telling you to get another hobby for years to come.
    . . . . . . .

I had this quandry last season after defending Wenger for so long, and was relieved to discover that as I watched us play I found myself as keen as ever to see us win.

Indeed, as you may have noticed, I was one of the fiercest defenders of Emery's debut season on here, right up until it became leeetle beeet embarrassing to stick up for the ugly gormless comedy-voiced monoglot c*nt (although some would say that's never stopped me before)
    No, I don't remember you defending Emery, right from "Mummy, there's a strange man in the dugout."

This is like watching a malevolent cat with its paw on a mouse's tail. Will you be toying with Monty before the evisceration b? I see he is already retreating into "look, alls I wuz sayin" territory

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No, I don't remember you defending Emery, right from "Mummy, there's a strange man in the dugout."
    Pffff.

Ask WES - we became unlikely allies on this issue, while Burney and Charlie were c*nting him off left, right and centre (concidently all positions that pepe will be sh*t in).

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    This is like watching a malevolent cat with its paw on a mouse's tail. Will you be toying with Monty before the evisceration b? I see he is already retreating into "look, alls I wuz sayin" territory
    No. He rolled over and stopped wriggling and now I've lost interest.

I shall be in the corner licking my arsehole if anyone needs me.