Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please provide me with a comprehensive list of who we've actually singed?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    That’s the one - probably the most exciting in the long term
    Yes. Not least because we won't find out how bad he is for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    If he's a great success, I suppose you can always claim you were deliberately reverse-jinxing him.
    That is the trick. "The Oracle told you...only what you needed to hear."

If he's a great success, I suppose you can always claim you were deliberately reverse-jinxing him.
    He strikes me as the kind of player who would have been a world beater about 60 years ago, i.e. when football was still sh*t.

I give you the obscenely overrated George Best.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Do I strike you as someone who would be so unequivocal if I wasn't 100% sure I was right?

I mean, look at my Brexit predicti....oh.
    You could always claim that moderators edited your posts, like your old buddy back then.

He strikes me as the kind of player who would have been a world beater about 60 years ago, i.e. when football was still sh*t.

I give you the obscenely overrated George Best.
    I've no idea how good or bad Best was, since I never saw him play. Some people at the time seemed to think he was quite good, though.

I've no idea how good or bad Best was, since I never saw him play. Some people at the time seemed to think he was quite good, though.
    I think the very fact that Monty thinks he was over-rated, is (yet another) clear indication that he should get another hobby though

The first footballer from a bygone era who would still stand out today was Maradona

And even then, I'm not sure he was much better than, say, Georgi Kinkladze.

The first footballer from a bygone era who would still stand out today was Maradona

So let me just clarify: you don’t think that great footballers of the past - given modern levels of training, fitness, nutrition, etc, etc - would be great players today?

Cruyff

So let me just clarify: you don’t think that great footballers of the past - given modern levels of training, fitness, nutrition, etc, etc - would be great players today?
    Partilcularly skilful players who get far more protection