Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 74th anniversary of Hiroshima yesterday reminded me of two things:

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The problem with you Yanqui is that you've never really had the requisite ruthlessness for proper world domination.
    It's true

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    It's true
    I mean you started well with the whole wiping out the injuns thing, but just seemed to lose your taste for it after that. Teddy Roosevelt gave it a go in Cuba and the Philippines and you used to give the Mexicans a good slap from time to time, but you haven't even done any of that lately. Very disappointing.

Must.

Not.

Bite.

And not to forget poor Quint and his shipmates on the USS Indianapolis who all got ate up by sharks coming back from delivering it.
    As I know you are a big fan of the theatre, b Robert Shaw's son's play on the making of Jaws is supposed to be very good

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I think we need to remember the real victims here. The crew of Enola Gay had to sit in that B-29 for 12 hours with four Pratt & Whitney radials churning away. It must have been dreadfully noisy and uncomfortable.
    Don't forget Quint on board the USS Indianapolis who had to face a desperate wait for rescue in shark infested waters after being torpedoed.

Show me the way to go home
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

And not to forget poor Quint and his shipmates on the USS Indianapolis who all got ate up by sharks coming back from delivering it.
    Ah, just read this wd B

One was the fact that it'll be the 75th anniversary next year and we'll presumably have to put up with a load of solemn hand-wringing by lefties mourning all the crispy Nips and acting like the US was the bad guy.

The other was the time that Jorge tried to make out it was an act of genocide (thus revealing that he didn't know what 'genocide' meant) and refused to back down even when confronted with the dictionary definition of the word.
    David Lammy has described it as an atrocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    David Lammy has described it as an atrocity.
    Probably thinks Pearl Harbour was just harmless bantz.

The problem with you Yanqui is that you've never really had the requisite ruthlessness for proper world domination.
    It's not ruthlessness they lack. Look at their capitalism, black rights, Gitmo bay and treatment of the UK as soon as the War in Asia was won - all show that Johnny Septic is a ruthless ****er.

It's their inability to learn foreign dialects, appreciate cultures (I would say foreign foreign cultures but that would erroneously imply such a thing a domestic American culture existed) and look at a map of the globe with a sense of wonder instead of bewilderment.

Can you imagine your average Septic junior officer actively wanting to learn Gorkhi, Punjabi, Pashto etc?

Backward race, they really are. While Sadhus and Buddhist monks are communing with the Divine on the spiritual planes of consciousness, the Septics are shooting each other up in the name of a middle-Eastern prophet who preached turning the other cheek.

One was the fact that it'll be the 75th anniversary next year and we'll presumably have to put up with a load of solemn hand-wringing by lefties mourning all the crispy Nips and acting like the US was the bad guy.

The other was the time that Jorge tried to make out it was an act of genocide (thus revealing that he didn't know what 'genocide' meant) and refused to back down even when confronted with the dictionary definition of the word.
    The hypocrisy from the left on this is quite astonishing.

While they are happy to complain about dropping the bomb, nary a mention of the fire bombing of mostly wooden Japanese cities which killed far more people under equally awful circumstances.

And don't even try mentioning that the Japs probably killed more innocent people in Nanjing than were killed by both nuclear bombs.

It's virtue signalling, hypocrisy and rank stupidity all rolled into one.