Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 74th anniversary of Hiroshima yesterday reminded me of two things:

The 74th anniversary of Hiroshima yesterday reminded me of two things:

One was the fact that it'll be the 75th anniversary next year and we'll presumably have to put up with a load of solemn hand-wringing by lefties mourning all the crispy Nips and acting like the US was the bad guy.

The other was the time that Jorge tried to make out it was an act of genocide (thus revealing that he didn't know what 'genocide' meant) and refused to back down even when confronted with the dictionary definition of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    One was the fact that it'll be the 75th anniversary next year and we'll presumably have to put up with a load of solemn hand-wringing by lefties mourning all the crispy Nips and acting like the US was the bad guy.

The other was the time that Jorge tried to make out it was an act of genocide (thus revealing that he didn't know what 'genocide' meant) and refused to back down even when confronted with the dictionary definition of the word.
    I think we need to remember the real victims here. The crew of Enola Gay had to sit in that B-29 for 12 hours with four Pratt & Whitney radials churning away. It must have been dreadfully noisy and uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I think we need to remember the real victims here. The crew of Enola Gay had to sit in that B-29 for 12 hours with four Pratt & Whitney radials churning away. It must have been dreadfully noisy and uncomfortable.
    Enola Gay...top tuneage

Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

And not to forget poor Quint and his shipmates on the USS Indianapolis who all got ate up by sharks coming back from delivering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    And not to forget poor Quint and his shipmates on the USS Indianapolis who all got ate up by sharks coming back from delivering it.
    Top movieage

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Top movieage
    I did watch a movie about the USS Indianapolis itself. It was actually a bit boring. Once you've seen a couple of people eaten by sharks while bobbing about in the water, it gets a bit samey.

To be fair...when you’re a John Rambo wannabe all concept of genocide goes out the window.

It’s the Viet Cong we have to blame for Jorge being who he is...and that dam Marshall who arrested him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    To be fair...when you’re a John Rambo wannabe all concept of genocide goes out the window.

It’s the Viet Cong we have to blame for Jorge being who he is...and that dam Marshall who arrested him.
    And Colonel Trautman. Remember "God didn't make Jorge! I made him!"

Nobody really disputes that the Nips deserved it. Problem is we did not continue with this effort. Definitely needed to lob a nuke at North Korea, Vietnam, Cuba...

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Nobody really disputes that the Nips deserved it. Problem is we did not continue with this effort. Definitely needed to lob a nuke at North Korea, Vietnam, Cuba...
    The problem with you Yanqui is that you've never really had the requisite ruthlessness for proper world domination.