Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just as I was getting over my irritation at Anderson's selection in the Test match,

Just as I was getting over my irritation at Anderson's selection in the Test match,

I see that Jofra Archer got 6-27 and knocked Gloucestershire's stiffs over for 79.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I see that Jofra Archer got 6-27 and knocked Gloucestershire's stiffs over for 79.
    I know their first XI physio well. He was there and said Jofra only bowled at 60-70%. Even came off a short run.

He's just hit a ton, too.

That will have Smith quaking in his boots!

What annoyed me was Root describing the injury as a freak. I see a job for him on the front benches of Westminster. Either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I know their first XI physio well. He was there and said Jofra only bowled at 60-70%. Even came off a short run.
    So if he was bowling off a shorter run and only bowling at 60-70% how does that show he is fit?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

So what? Anderson passed all the fitness tests before the last match, do we know a week ago if Archer was fit enough to play?

SOS to Tymar Mills imo

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So what? Anderson passed all the fitness tests before the last match, do we know a week ago if Archer was fit enough to play?
    Well he played in a T20 for Sussex, so he was definitely fitter than Anderson, who broke down after 4 overs.

Which would suggest that the 'fitness tests' were worth the square root of fúck all.

Well he played in a T20 for Sussex, so he was definitely fitter than Anderson, who broke down after 4 overs.

Which would suggest that the 'fitness tests' were worth the square root of fúck all.
    T20 isn't proof of anything... Anderson could have played a T20 and every chance we wouldn't have known he wasn't fit

Agree about the fitness tests, obviously not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    T20 isn't proof of anything... Anderson could have played a T20 and every chance we wouldn't have known he wasn't fit

Agree about the fitness tests, obviously not good enough
    It proves that - unlike Anderson - he was fit enough to bowl for four overs without breaking down.

The thing with fitness tests is that they're often exercises in confirmation bias. After all, everyone involved wants the subject to pass them and thus will tend to overlook red flags that an objective eye would pick up on immediately