Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It bottles the mind a bit how we can have added zero ready-to-play defenders

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You remember how getting a new manager was going to revitalise things and stop us enduring 'Groundhog Day'?

I have become convinced that Emery isn't the problem. The problem is #modernfootball.

Remember that summer we signed Nicholas, Bergkamp, Henry and Reyes? What a transfer window that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have become convinced that Emery isn't the problem. The problem is #modernfootball.

Remember that summer we signed Nicholas, Bergkamp, Henry and Reyes? What a transfer window that was.
    I agree to some extent. The absurd price inflation of often fairly ordinary players caused by the influx of billionaires has calcified football horribly. The fact that we've come out of it with the wrong billionaire really isn't anyone's fault. It's just how it is.

Mind you, I still dislike Emery.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I agree to some extent. The absurd price inflation of often fairly ordinary players caused by the influx of billionaires has calcified football horribly. The fact that we've come out of it with the wrong billionaire really isn't anyone's fault. It's just how it is.

Mind you, I still dislike Emery.
    I'm prepared to like him if he shows me an identifiable style of play.

I don't care so much whether we win or lose; I'd just like to know how.

Early signs are good that Emery is accepting of his mistakes though.

Got his teeth fixed and cleaned up his hair.

I'm prepared to like him if he shows me an identifiable style of play.

I don't care so much whether we win or lose; I'd just like to know how.
    I do find the idea of playing dull football and shipping shítloads of goals by not being able to defend a bit galling, tbh.

I mean it's traditional to choose one or other, surely?

We signed Reyes in January...carry on
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    We signed Reyes in January...carry on
    Yes. I know.

We also didn't sign Charlie Nicholas, Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry at the same time, did we?

Yes. I know.

We also didn't sign Charlie Nicholas, Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry at the same time, did we?
    Of course we did, Swapped Alex James for Henry and got Bergkamp for a John Hawley and a dag of disco's...your memory is going
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Of course we did, Swapped Alex James for Henry and got Bergkamp for a John Hawley and a dag of disco's...your memory is going
    A dag od Discos? Reyes liked dags, apparently.

A dag od Discos? Reyes liked dags, apparently.
    I've just remembered he's dead!

Poor little Jose Antonio.

Mind you, I've just seen what he wore at his wedding - and the fact that his bride had some other bloke's face tattooed on his arm.

Jose-antonio-reyes-1649813.jpg