Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Over-rated things: crusty rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I spent ages pushing to go faster and faster and just kept damaging myself, so it was completely counter-productive. I may even decide to stick at around 30 minutes in future. Better to be able to go 5 times a week than push so hard you're needing more rest days.

I've never used the inbuilt speakers - I jury-rigged an old amplifier and speakers with a cheap bluetooth connection so I can blast music as loudly as I like. The inbuilt fan is a bit silly, though.

I can never manage to concentrate on a book or podcast while I'm running. i just feed off loud guitars.
    Yeah, I figure half an hour at a decent lick 5 times a week is plenty. I'm not going to get back into the madness of doing 7+ miles a day like a I used to. With hindsight, that just seems mental. There were some days at weekends where I'd do 7 miles and then think 'Fúck it' and do another 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I was in your manor on Saturday, Barry - breakfast at Ems Kitchen, and I saw that legendary boozer of yours.
    Had to look that up, didn't even know that was there We could have had a cheeky pint, unless you had brekkie at 7am, that's a bit early imo
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah, I figure half an hour at a decent lick 5 times a week is plenty. I'm not going to get back into the madness of doing 7+ miles a day like a I used to. With hindsight, that just seems mental. There were some days at weekends where I'd do 7 miles and then think 'Fúck it' and do another 7.
    I'm trying to get back into running...my knees keep telling me not to. Doing park run most Saturdays, take 1 of the dogs and my 8 yr old, he is happy that he has beaten his PB the last 3 weeks, 30 mins 10 seconds for him now. Should help with his football training to.

Just buying a bike through cyclescheme at work, it's all the extra crap you now need to buy with it that does my head in, need special shoes etc WTF
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I'm trying to get back into running...my knees keep telling me not to. Doing park run most Saturdays, take 1 of the dogs and my 8 yr old, he is happy that he has beaten his PB the last 3 weeks, 30 mins 10 seconds for him now. Should help with his football training to.

Just buying a bike through cyclescheme at work, it's all the extra crap you now need to buy with it that does my head in, need special shoes etc WTF
    I splashed out on the machine because I know that any attempt to start running again would falter as soon as it started getting dark in the evenings and mornings. Running on pavements at night is horrible and just asking for injury. This way I can get my run out of the way in the evening or morning - plus a treadmill is a bit easier on the knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I splashed out on the machine because I know that any attempt to start running again would falter as soon as it started getting dark in the evenings and mornings. Running on pavements at night is horrible and just asking for injury. This way I can get my run out of the way in the evening or morning - plus a treadmill is a bit easier on the knees.
    Very unlikely to get stabbed or mugged too.

And there goes the first cheap wicket...
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'