Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proper test match cricket this

Proper test match cricket this

:digin: So much better than the 20/20 stuff

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    It's a completely different game imo...like comparing 5 a side with 11 a side.

Never quite understood why "purists" rubbish T20 so much, without it cricket as a whole was dying out
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Geoff B likes this
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post

Never quite understood why "purists" rubbish T20 so much, without it cricket as a whole was dying out
    Yes and 11 a side is a much better game to watch than 5 a side

I quite enjoy 20/20 but anyone can throw a bat at a ball. Try doing that with a Dukes ball, would be a far more interesting game

Precisely - I can enjoy both. Sat in empty stadiums and watched first-class cricket and packed stadiums watching T20. Was able to get drunk both times which is always the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Precisely - I can enjoy both. Sat in empty stadiums and watched first-class cricket and packed stadiums watching T20. Was able to get drunk both times which is always the goal.
    Without T20 most kids wouldn't have the slightest interest... a lot of kids give up the game when it goes from pairs 8 a side to 11 a side
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Without T20 most kids wouldn't have the slightest interest... a lot of kids give up the game when it goes from pairs 8 a side to 11 a side
    Is that the 8-a-side when you bat in pairs and get 2 overs but can't be out (you get runs deducted instead?). Do they still do that? I used to hate that as was primarily a bowler and it didn't feel right. Much preferred when we moved to proper (ironically 20 over) cricket?

Yes and 11 a side is a much better game to watch than 5 a side

I quite enjoy 20/20 but anyone can throw a bat at a ball. Try doing that with a Dukes ball, would be a far more interesting game
    I'm not too sure I understand why anyone wouldn't be able to enjoy all three.

Unless you were a misanthropic, permanently miserable, always looking to be depressing, anti-life c*nt.

Like Burney

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Is that the 8-a-side when you bat in pairs and get 2 overs but can't be out (you get runs deducted instead?). Do they still do that? I used to hate that as was primarily a bowler and it didn't feel right. Much preferred when we moved to proper (ironically 20 over) cricket?
    I loved it, won the NatWest county thing taking a one-handed catch on the boundary on the last ball

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I'm not too sure I understand why anyone wouldn't be able to enjoy all three.

Unless you were a misanthropic, permanently miserable, always looking to be depressing, anti-life c*nt.

Like Burney
    Not saying I don't enjoy the shorter form, just that test match cricket is 10x better