Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever soaked your own beans?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    being a tightwad, is the sheer volume of beans a dried pack gives once re-hydrated - makes 'em dirt cheap. It won't be long before you go off them. Too sort of floury and they may look different but all taste exactly the same ...FACT!
    I like flageolet beans best. Are flageolet beans good from dried, h?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I like flageolet beans best. Are flageolet beans good from dried, h?
    Do you want my bean fritter recipe?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do you want my bean fritter recipe?
    Why, yes. Yes, I do, thank you.

Does it start, 'First, soak your beans'?

Why, yes. Yes, I do, thank you.

Does it start, 'First, soak your beans'?
    Absolutely not. Mash your canned beans. Fry onions, red pepper and chopped green beans until soft. Add these and sweetcorn to the mashed beans. Add enough chickpea flour (Chana - available in most supermarkets) to bind. Season and add onion powder and smoked paprika. Fry until crisp on both sides. Serve.
    Last edited by Burney; 08-01-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Absolutely not. Mash your canned beans. Fry onions, red pepper and chopped green beans until soft. Add these and sweetcorn to the mashed beans. Add enough chickpea flour (Chana - available in most supermarkets) Season and add onion powder and smoked paprika. Fry until crisp on both sides. Serve.
    So this is a *gulp* vegan dish?

So this is a *gulp* vegan dish?
    to be fair, it does sound a little bit
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

What's to be bewildered by, you dirty foreigner? 16oz to a lb, 7lbs to a clove; 14lbs to a stone; 7 stone to a tod; 8 stone to a hundredweight; 2240lbs to a ton. Simple.

Jacob would be most disappointed in you.
    If someone said their weight to me in kilos I wouldn't have a clue, similar to kph although I can work that out given time. There will always be a place for imperial in our lives imo
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    to be fair, it does sound a little bit
    I suppose if one fried them in lard...

Not sure which wons are flageolot c. They are all rather pretty though. There is one that resembles a chaffinches egg.

Absolutely not. Mash your canned beans. Fry onions, red pepper and chopped green beans until soft. Add these and sweetcorn to the mashed beans. Add enough chickpea flour (Chana - available in most supermarkets) Season and add onion powder and smoked paprika. Fry until crisp on both sides. Serve.
    Ooh I can't wait to try this now I've grown rather disaffected with Waitrose bean burgers. I will, of course, use soaked beans not being a lazy cont like you.

how thick should they be b?