Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's amazing how humpy tattooed people get when you suggest that their tattoos might

It's amazing how humpy tattooed people get when you suggest that their tattoos might

negatively affect their employment prospects. They seem to think that everyone should just magically see their self-mutilation in the same positive light that they do. It never seems to have occurred to them that others might take a negative view and that businesses have a right to consider that when hiring. And when you point out to them that this isn't illegal discrimination, but something employers have a perfect right to do in the same way they can insist on a dress code, they lose their shít completely.

I make no bones about it: I would never employ someone with visible tattoos in a customer-facing role.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    negatively affect their employment prospects. They seem to think that everyone should just magically see their self-mutilation in the same positive light that they do. It never seems to have occurred to them that others might take a negative view and that businesses have a right to consider that when hiring. And when you point out to them that this isn't illegal discrimination, but something employers have a perfect right to do in the same way they can insist on a dress code, they lose their shít completely.

I make no bones about it: I would never employ someone with visible tattoos in a customer-facing role.
    Whilst I quite agree, it won't be long before the betattooed are the decision makers, b
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Whilst I quite agree, it won't be long before the betattooed are the decision makers, b
    I know, iufg, but I'll hold out as long as I can in defence of decency and proper behaviour.

It's spot-on, principled common sense
    Some people really are stupid cunds
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post

It's spot-on, principled common sense
    Some people really are stupid cunds
    It's a function of how solipsistic people are today. They don't ever seem to consider that other people might not feel the same way they do because they never bother to think about it.

It's a function of how solipsistic people are today. They don't ever seem to consider that other people might not feel the same way they do because they never bother to think about it.
    When I first started work in Finance, our employer wouldn't employ any bloke with earings, and no visible tat's were allowed either in customer facing or not...... times have changed b
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Announce Pepe, B!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    When I first started work in Finance, our employer wouldn't employ any bloke with earings, and no visible tat's were allowed either in customer facing or not...... times have changed b
    Oh, well facial piercings are right out. Not a chance.

Times have changed, p - and not for the better.

Oh, well facial piercings are right out. Not a chance.

Times have changed, p - and not for the better.
    At least the tattooed generation's kids will probably abnegate the tat
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    At least the tattooed generation's kids will probably abnegate the tat
    You'd think that seeing how grotesque their parents (and even grandparents) look would put them off, wouldn't you?