Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Actually, I feel sorry for Mustafi.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He isn't on record as saying this at all - he's on record being quite complimentary at times. What you are quoting is what he is alleged to have said to Lee Dixon
    Actual quotes from Neville on Mustafi a few games after we signed him:

Neville told the Metro: "Mustafi has got an incredible amount of natural ability and talent, good physical capability and I think with age and maturity he will grow into being a fantastic defender.

"He’s got all the attributes you would want. I think he’s got all the makings of it.

"Defenders will mature with age and I think he will get better and better."

Neville told the Metro: "Mustafi has got an incredible amount of natural ability and talent, good physical capability and I think with age and maturity he will grow into being a fantastic defender.

"He’s got all the attributes you would want. I think he’s got all the makings of it.

So what he is trying to say is 'Heis ****e at the moment. He has legs, a head, a body and a brain. He can also run about and therefore; with the benefit of time may develop into a defender capable of playing at this level?'

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    So what he is trying to say is 'Heis ****e at the moment. He has legs, a head, a body and a brain. He can also run about and therefore; with the benefit of time may develop into a defender capable of playing at this level?'
    No, he really isn't. Hope that clears that up

I think his good spell coincided with having a steady partnership in the middle with someone, Kos maybe. 3 at the back really doesn't suit him. I expect that Unai thinks that if we have a first choice LB we can play 4 at the back consistently we will see the best of him again.

Wouldn't hurt to have Torreira establish himself in the DM role as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I think his good spell coincided with having a steady partnership in the middle with someone, Kos maybe. 3 at the back really doesn't suit him. I expect that Unai thinks that if we have a first choice LB we can play 4 at the back consistently we will see the best of him again.

Wouldn't hurt to have Torreira establish himself in the DM role as well.
    Indeed - that would appear to be the plan. Of course when we are knocking in 5 every week it will help