Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Actually, I feel sorry for Mustafi.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    ... a German international World Cup winner
    even a stopped clock etc.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Have you ever seen a transfer rumour in which you didn't immediately place 100% faith, r?
    I love this Raul Sanhelli. Works with all the super agents when Arsene refused to do so for so many years. Wd Raul.

You are a bit Nic-ish at times Rich
    No offence like
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I love this Raul Sanhelli. Works with all the super agents when Arsene refused to do so for so many years. Wd Raul.
    Let's see if they can shift Squadron then.

Gary Neville is on record as saying when he was Valencia boss, they couldn't shove him for love nor money. Basically said he was a complete liability and he didn't understand why Arsenal were interested.
    He isn't on record as saying this at all - he's on record being quite complimentary at times. What you are quoting is what he is alleged to have said to Lee Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He isn't on record as saying this at all - he's on record being quite complimentary at times. What you are quoting is what he is alleged to have said to Lee Dixon
    Actual quotes from Neville on Mustafi a few games after we signed him:

Neville told the Metro: "Mustafi has got an incredible amount of natural ability and talent, good physical capability and I think with age and maturity he will grow into being a fantastic defender.

"He’s got all the attributes you would want. I think he’s got all the makings of it.

"Defenders will mature with age and I think he will get better and better."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Actual quotes from Neville on Mustafi a few games after we signed him:

Neville told the Metro: "Mustafi has got an incredible amount of natural ability and talent, good physical capability and I think with age and maturity he will grow into being a fantastic defender.

"He’s got all the attributes you would want. I think he’s got all the makings of it.

"Defenders will mature with age and I think he will get better and better."
    So what he is trying to say is 'Heis ****e at the moment. He has legs, a head, a body and a brain. He can also run about and therefore; with the benefit of time may develop into a defender capable of playing at this level?'

So what he is trying to say is 'Heis ****e at the moment. He has legs, a head, a body and a brain. He can also run about and therefore; with the benefit of time may develop into a defender capable of playing at this level?'
    No, he really isn't. Hope that clears that up

He reminds me of soldier who has seen too much war and now has extreme PTSD and can’t pull the trigger any more even though his mates in the fox hole are all dying.

He needs to take a year off. Get his mind back and restart somewhere else.

Burn out and mental health are real issues.

I feel sorry for him from this point of view.

The constant - I want to stay and prove myself quotes are simply a cry for help.

But this is football so we’ll do the equivalent of taking him round the back and putting a bullet in his head

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    so we’ll do the equivalent of taking him round the back and putting a bullet in his head
    it's for the best, t
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”