Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I foolishly turned on the Today programme this morning to hear that ghastly sodomite

I foolishly turned on the Today programme this morning to hear that ghastly sodomite

Nick Boles describing the current cabinet as a 'hard right takeover of the Tory party'

'Hard right'? Fúck me! This was someone who masqueraded for years as a Tory MP. If he thinks this lot are hard right, I shudder to think what he'd have made of Norman Tebbit.

These people have actually gone mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nick Boles describing the current cabinet as a 'hard right takeover of the Tory party'

'Hard right'? Fúck me! This was someone who masqueraded for years as a Tory MP. If he thinks this lot are hard right, I shudder to think what he'd have made of Norman Tebbit.

I have seen the word 'fascist' being bandied around with respect to the new cabinet.

These people are, as you say, quite mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have seen the word 'fascist' being bandied around with respect to the new cabinet.

These people are, as you say, quite mental.
    So far, I quite like the look of what Boris has done. His most encouraging move is getting Dominic Cummings in as Éminence Grise. The Civil Service are terrified of Cummings - not least because he wants to cut it in half.

So far, I quite like the look of what Boris has done. His most encouraging move is getting Dominic Cummings in as Éminence Grise. The Civil Service are terrified of Cummings - not least because he wants to cut it in half.
    I have no idea who any of these people are, really. I stopped taking any interest when a 'Conservative' prime minister introduced 'gay' marriage and his chancellor of the exchequor backdated punitive tax laws. There is nothing 'conservative' about any of these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have no idea who any of these people are, really. I stopped taking any interest when a 'Conservative' prime minister introduced 'gay' marriage and his chancellor of the exchequor backdated punitive tax laws. There is nothing 'conservative' about any of these people.
    Well the hope is that this might represent the end of that. Or at least the beginning of something else.

I could never get worked up about gay marriage. I'm far more troubled by the lack of economic Conservatism and the refusal to shrink the state.

Well the hope is that this might represent the end of that. Or at least the beginning of something else.

I could never get worked up about gay marriage. I'm far more troubled by the lack of economic Conservatism and the refusal to shrink the state.
    Oh I was never worked up about gay marriage, indeed I'm all in favour of it. But a Conservative PM leading with such a policy is clearly in the business of displaying his liberal credentials. I was worked up about that thieving **** Osborne, though.

I was listening to that. Turned it off.

Listened to an Arsecast.

I'm not sure which was more depressing, tbh.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”