Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: What’s with all these red cards in pre-season friendlies?

What’s with all these red cards in pre-season friendlies?

The point of these games in to get some physical and tactical preparation done. Little use in having an 11v10 game after 10 mins, then 10v10 before halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    The point of these games in to get some physical and tactical preparation done. Little use in having an 11v10 game after 10 mins, then 10v10 before halftime.
    Now, I've no idea about these red cards, jt, but laws of the game is laws of the game , innit.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Now, I've no idea about these red cards, jt, but laws of the game is laws of the game , innit.
    Refs usually let things a go a bit more in friendlies. Warnings rather than yellow cards, and asking for a player to be subbed rather than sent off. I blame these overhyped ‘glamour friendlies’. Silly games against all the biggest teams. Even the refs are getting carried away. Better off going to Barnet imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Refs usually let things a go a bit more in friendlies. Warnings rather than yellow cards, and asking for a player to be subbed rather than sent off. I blame these overhyped ‘glamour friendlies’. Silly games against all the biggest teams. Even the refs are getting carried away. Better off going to Barnet imo.
    Not seen it but very much sounds like Sokratis's was a case of ref evening it up - nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not seen it but very much sounds like Sokratis's was a case of ref evening it up - nonsense
    Threadjack: Good knock from Malan. Not so much for AB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Threadjack: Good knock from Malan. Not so much for AB.
    Yep - almost as if we have more than one player. Some good performances all round. That's our normal two wins for the season anyway