Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boris Derangement Watch: Someone in my office just said to someone else that they've

Boris Derangement Watch: Someone in my office just said to someone else that they've

never been so depressed about the future of the country as they are now.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Boris is the answer to all our problems, but the fact that he's píssing these people off this much is really giving me my money's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    never been so depressed about the future of the country as they are now.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Boris is the answer to all our problems, but the fact that he's píssing these people off this much is really giving me my money's worth.
    They kind of have a point. The total mess of Brexit, two raving ****ing idiots in charge of the two main parties with an election fairly likely.

It's not great....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They kind of have a point. The total mess of Brexit, two raving ****ing idiots in charge of the two main parties with an election fairly likely.

It's not great....
    True, although post election we'll be one idiot down

It's not great....
    I'm struggling to understand why Labour or the Tories think an election is a good idea. Surely if ever there was a guarantee of the vote being massively split and some sort of horrible minority government it is now.

No, Boris either figures out how to get no deal through or he has another referendum - I suppose there is a small possibility that he can get a better deal that goes through parliament but frankly I can't see how that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I'm struggling to understand why Labour or the Tories think an election is a good idea. Surely if ever there was a guarantee of the vote being massively split and some sort of horrible minority government it is now.

No, Boris either figures out how to get no deal through or he has another referendum - I suppose there is a small possibility that he can get a better deal that goes through parliament but frankly I can't see how that happens.
    No idea if this will happen but I rather suspect that the EU will buckle, Boris has said we're out on 31st October and he has to stick by it. It's not in EU's interest for No deal either.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

I cant really see a realistic way of getting anything through parliament which is what makes an election likely.

It's not great....
    We've been listening to this tale of doom for three years, but each morning the sun rises, the chickens lay and the postman whistles his way up the garden path. We, much like the dude, abide.

You don't need a safe space, p. You're a man! An Englishman!

I cant really see a realistic way of getting anything through parliament which is what makes an election likely.
    Why would an election make it any more likely? Tories won't run on no deal, Labour will sit on the fence and Brexit party and Lib Dems won't attract enough votes to do anything other than split the vote.

We'll be right back where we are now but with a Tory minority government and a parliament that won't allow no deal and the EU laughing at us.

Nope - a new referendum with no deal and Remain the only options. Only way out of it, I'm afraid.

It's not great....
    To everyone who says this I simply point out that we had a supposedly 'safe pair of hands' choice of PM for the last three years and she was an unmitigated disaster, destroying her own majority through sheer stupidity, betraying her membership, destroying faith in politicians, making her government legislatively impotent, allowing Farage back into politics and leading her party for the first time in its history to fourth place in a national election.
    So Boris may be a 'raving fúcking idiot' in your estimation, but he'll struggle to do any worse than that.